Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana   It was something to do with the keyboard & allowing it to show double screens. (I can barely keep up with one!) I was touching something  to make it do it, then couldn't get the full screen back. I turned it off and now it stopped. 

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@ Montana   It was something to do with the keyboard & allowing it to show double screens. (I can barely keep up with one!) I was touching something  to make it do it, then couldn't get the full screen back. I turned it off and now it stopped. 

@1Snickers 

So many strange things happening in IPadOS, not sure what is causing them.

Thanks for the tip about the keyboard. I looked in Keyboard settings and can't tell which one would affect the screen display.

I'll search around and see if I can find some information 
about it.

Respected Contributor

Re: IPad update

[ Edited ]

Hope this will stop the split screens.  Never figured out what I did to cause it to happen.

How to turn off split screens on the iPad

1. Open the Settings app

2.  Tap General, and then tap Multitasking & Dock

3.  Turn off "Allow Multiple Apps"

Respected Contributor

I also turned off Split Keyboard to make sure I don't accidentally turn it on. 

Settings - General - Keyboard - Split Keyboard

Honored Contributor

@ Montana : Thanks for this information. Didn't like the split screen. Southern Bee

Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana  I think that's what I did because it's ok now. It's crazy for them to just change things without giving us an option first!  I'll go back and follow your directions, thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: IPad update

[ Edited ]

I actually like using the new iPadOs 13.x (at the moment, v. 13.1.3 -- by the way, to find your current version go into Settings, General, About, and it's listed as Software Version.)   

Granted, it's a significant redesign in many ways, but it's an important move away from the old design that was still in some ways mirroring small phones and it's a robust move toward allowing the iPad to act more similar to a fully-functioning desktop or laptop computer alternative. 

Safari, in particular, was still limping along with what basically was the 2010 design.   I see some instabilities in it, but those are being identified and fixes are being included in the follow-up versions we're seeing.

Especially with such a major redesign, it's a good idea to look online at all the articles detailing changes, new settings and features, that kind of thing.   Also, "walk through" the settings on the device now and then, look them up to see what they do and how they work.   

If anyone's having specific issues after checking the settings and online help, maybe we can attempt to take them one at a time and figure out what's going on.   I'm still acquainting myself with all the new features, but I'm willing to try and help if I can.   I'm in awe of the great detectives here, and I'm sure someone can fit the clues together and solve the mysteries.😊

Regarding updating the operating system:   I understand that some people want to wait for a short time, to let the bugs be identified and fixed in subsequent updates.   

Even so, it's still important -- really, essential -- to eventually move to newer software or we'll see the devices having a growing number of glitches (and websites won't be interested in helping if our software isn't at least relatively current).   

Also, and probably most importantly, we miss out on critical, vital security protection, and that could be serious, even calamitous.   So, I hope no one waits for a really extended period of time while continuing to use very old, outdated software.

Happy computing, everyone!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

just got notice about 13.3 up date for my I pad have not downloaded as of yet. am always leary about those updates.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo , thanks for that!  I am sure I will be back once I update.  LM

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : Still having issues with WiFi dropping. Cable provider said not their modem. Ipad just checked and not source. Modem indicated weak signal from router. New expensive router purchased in August with Best Buy and called them today. They said that I didn't purchase the Geek Squad service but extended warranty on the router. They said to bring router back and it can be replaced then purchase the Geek Squad service for them to come install.DH no longer able to do things like this because of memory issuue. Not sure when I can get toBB. With issues difficult to stay on forums with iPad. Also using my new smartphone. Finally scheduled appointment on Wednesday for the cable company to send someone out and hope to resolve this problem finally. Southern Bee