Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana  mine did the same as did my friends. The screen kept splitting and I couldn't understand why until I went to settings and it was all different.

Honored Contributor

I did the update on my ipad pro early last night.  It went fine.  I still have to update my phone.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

CS stated Apple changed system & profiles built in operating system. They are puzzled by my rouge app and previous solutions for this doesn't work and need more info and update from Apple. So far no charge but suggested they do a factory reset for $30. Stated rouge app will not do damage or cause problems. Why did I have so many problems& issues using the iPad today.?Will call tomorrow with my decision. Southern Bee

You can do a factory reset yourself free of charge! 

reset ipad

Honored Contributor
I thought it was possible but afraid to .Dh said to let them do it since worked on IPad all day.

Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

I just did the latest iPadOS update (13.1.3) and had problems right after. Websites either wouldn't load or would not display right. 

I had to do a soft reboot to get things working again.

The old iOS worked fine. Now, so many things look and work differently. I hate change anyway and  I'm sorry I installed it.

Same with me ,  updates always seem to cause me issues !

Respected Contributor

The size and format of websites keeps changing. I have not changed any settings,

This morning a Youtube video I was looking at last night was twice the size, and the usual Youtube info was all gone, including recommended videos. The large video itself was the only thing on the entire screen.   When I opened a different tab, the page looked normal again.

And sometimes the website display splits all by itself, with part of the web page covering the search box. 

I hope there is another update or explanation to straighten out this mess.  This is one buggy launch.😡 👎

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@ Montana  mine did the same as did my friends. The screen kept splitting and I couldn't understand why until I went to settings and it was all different.

@1Snickers 

What is different in the settings?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Returned home with IPad around 2pm and just finished what I needed to do with it. So many changes and not happy. The configuration on so many things different. I'm conservative and simple. Don't like wallpaper choices. For me the qvc forums and other sights displayed on like a folder. The yahoo news- pages are larger and every news item bigger. The chrome search looks different. Rogue app gone. WiFi dropping again on the iPad but not the LG smart phone 😳😁😳. Ok rant over. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Re: IPad update

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@geezerette : Returned home with IPad around 2pm and just finished what I needed to do with it. So many changes and not happy. The configuration on so many things different. I'm conservative and simple. Don't like wallpaper choices. For me the qvc forums and other sights displayed on like a folder. The yahoo news- pages are larger and every news item bigger. The chrome search looks different. Rogue app gone. WiFi dropping again on the iPad but not the LG smart phone 😳😁😳. Ok rant over. Southern Bee

@SouthernBee 

Yes, there are some changes because the new update is a new format just for the iPad.  The old iOS was for both the iPad and iPhone.  This new one is supposed more of a computer instead of a phone look.

I am surprised that you found so much change, though.  Mine didn't change as much as I thought it would, having read about the differences before I updated.  Didn't the Apple people download everything from the iCloud that your old iPad had on it?  If they just reset it back to the default (like when you get a brand new iPad) so to avoid that rogue app, I can see where the changes would be daunting for you because you have to start from scratch.

I hate any new changes like this myself.  Sometimes it just takes a little while to get used to the new parts.  And sometimes you have to manually change things back to the way you like.  And they always say to wait a couple of days after a large update for your device to "settle" down, since it can have a few glitches until it stabilizes.  I know that the first few days the QVC website had a slightly different look on my new iPad, then it changed back to how it was before.  (Although with as many problems as they have here, it might have just been QVC and not my iPad!)

If you have any trouble or questions, I'm sure @dooBdoo would be happy to try to help you out.  I will too, if I can.  But I'm pretty much a novice at all this electronic stuff! 😄

Good luck.  You did find your way into the forums, so you're doing well! 🙂👍

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Thank you❤️. Love DH but his health issues plus doesn't like to wait. iPad not ready then waited went on errands in same area and when return store busy. The iPad was covered with finger prints on front and back and I wanted to clean surface before using because I have a sore throat. DH past ready to return home. Will call to have new router checked for connections because of WiFi issues. Returned home and noticed the google and yahoo icons were not on the iPad home page took me awhile to remember how to do that but I have started a notebook for iPad information and tips. Appreciate your help. Southern Bee. DH heard info on my 3 game apps and CS guy mentioned what level I'm on😁 got to do something when can't sleep. I don't spend money to play- just time.DH has spent a lot going fishing so no difference.