Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : Do I need to check settings and make sure that permit displaying/loading remote images are turned off?  Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Re: IPad junk mail

[ Edited ]

Good morning, dear @SouthernBee!❤️    Thanks for the helpful screen shot and information.   

Regarding the blue dots, in my experience messages that are unread are flagged that way -- I did a quick search and a few people have encountered a related bug but it seems to be rare.   

(After working on the other problems and fixing them, if new messages still aren't marked this way you have the option of sending a report to Apple -- copy and paste link:  apple.com/feedback/)   

About remote images, good email provider software will suppress display on all messages in the Junk/Spam folder regardless of your settings and that allows us to safely display them in our other folders.   Some email provider settings allow options such as only displaying them for known senders, contacts, that sort of thing.   Normally it should be okay to enable it with no worries, but right now with all the spam you might want to disable that setting at least temporarily.     

There are settings deciding how strictly to filter mail, especially suspicious mail, they help protect us, and I think you might need to tighten up that filtering process.   

It looks like the message in your example is standard bogus spam/junk, something your email filters should've sent to Junk/Spam rather than the IN box.   Settings also can determine what happens to mail after it's moved to Junk/Spam and could be the reason your messages instantly vaporize when you manually move them there (you might look, though, and see if they're in the Trash folder).

It would help a lot to know your iPad's iOS version and also which email provider you use (what's after the "@" -- such as @hotmail.com, @gmail.com, that sort or thing) since the settings can be very different.     I'm not an email expert, but I'll be glad to try and help and we have other posters here who know more than I about some of this, so I think (I hope!) we can figure it out.

😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : You are so kind and helpful, thank you. IPad version iOS 12.4.1. Email- yahoo.com. When deleting the junk mail- nothing is in the the trash folder .  DH had doctor appointment today and wanted to go to the apple sevice center while transportation available but not able to do it. Thanks again, Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

First, let me say I am far from any kind of tech expert.  But from your screenshot, it looks like you are looking at “All Inboxes”.  In other words, the example you posted is showing all the mail in all your boxes, junk mail included.  

If you want to look look at your Yahoo email only, it should be listed under the “All Inboxes” option, along with any other email providers you may have.  If you click on “Yahoo”, it should take you to your Yahoo Inbox.  

If you have any email coming into your Yahoo Inbox that you consider junk mail, you can send it to the Yahoo Trash box.

If you want to see another Yahoo box, scroll down from the main “Mailboxes” list and you should see the various Yahoo box options, i.e. Trash, Junk, Sent, etc.  If you look at the Yahoo Trash Box, you should see all the emails that you (or your email provider) sent there.

As for the blue dot, that shows up on all new emails, until you click on them.  Then the blue dot disappears.  It’s to show you which emails you haven’t read yet.

I don’t know if that is what you are asking, but I hope it may have helped a little and not confused you. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Thank you. What I don’t understand the blue dot for new mail just started the other day. The All In boxes started the other day. I have no idea why. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee,  You're welcome, but I'm afraid I haven't helped so far.   We'll keep trying, though!🌻   

With the multiple issues you've mentioned, it would be good to only take a step or two at a time to simplify the clues and diagnose the problem.   

The blue dots flagging unread messages are standard on Apple mobile devices.   I can't think of anything that would alter that, unless it's the rare software bug I mentioned in my previous reply.   

You are a much better detective than I, @geezerette!    I completely missed the the "All Inboxes." 

@SouthernBee,  I'm almost certain we never have that option unless we have more than one email account added to our iPad Mail app.   

Have you added multiple email accounts?   Look in your iPad "Settings," under "Passwords & Accounts."

Then, look under the "Accounts" heading (just below "Websites & App Passwords" and AutoFill Passwords").   See how many email accounts are listed.

Also, if you feel the blue dot anomaly and the "All Inboxes" just started a few days ago...  did you change anything at all with your mail or your iPad about the same time you saw a change?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : Good morning- I found this6FD466C9-BB0A-432D-BF77-875F834C89F2.png

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : That screen shot info is not me.The my accurate forecast- not listed on my home page but listed under folders where the yahoo email folder is listed?! Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : Also found this-1F880ADD-5D4F-4C83-9717-7514E0000D00.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo : I am worried about my iPad security. I had planned to pay a bill on line today and afraid to open any accounts.  

Also so noticed that my WiFi is dropping again. Southern Bee