Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   how about just turning your ipad on and off?  Sometimes the simpliest things work.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

In addition to what @eadu4 asked about the iPad being the only device that has this problem, I would ask have you tried using your iPad in the room with all your WiFi equipment?  I would think if it works okay in that room close to the WiFi, then it might be a case of being too far away.  If it doesn't work correctly close to the equipment, I would assume distance from the WiFi is not the problem.

Also, has this been a continuous problem or did it happen after an Apple update?  I know that sometimes people complain about certain updates affecting their WiFi connection.

Other than that, I'd put out a call to @gardenman.  He knows a lot about this stuff and explains it all very well.

@geezerette : I just went to the other room and within 6 minutes the WiFi dropped. I WiFi icon was still displayed at the top of the screen but checked under settings and WiFi was off and indicated: WiFi not connected- so I turned it back on. This has been a continuous problem and not after any Apple updates.

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I had the same problem with my wifi.  It indeed was fixed when I got the extender.  Could you do a hard reset on your ipad and see if that helps?

@meem120 : I just finished with a hard reset and no help.

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

@SouthernBee   how about just turning your ipad on and off?  Sometimes the simpliest things work.

@meem120 : Daily almost- turning the IPad ON /Off and doing hard reset..

Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee  Are you trying to "forget" your wifi (network) and then reconnect?  This is  a pretty easy "fix" and won't harm anything. But often will fix glitches.  I would also reboot the router as well-unplug it and plug it back in.  But before you do a "reset of all settings"  I recommend doing a back up. To back up your Ipad to the iCloud-this will save a copy of everything on your Ipad.  

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on your name at the top of the scree:n.
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Tap iCloud Backup.
  5. Tap Back Up Now

Reset all Settings removes things like your Wifi password and settings you've set on your iPad for Apps, mail, etc. Erase All Content and Settings restores a device to it's out of the box state when it was first turned on. You never want to Erase all Content unless your selling/or trading in your Ipad.  

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@SouthernBee  Are you trying to "forget" your wifi (network) and then reconnect?  This is  a pretty easy "fix" and won't harm anything. But often will fix glitches.  I would also reboot the router as well-unplug it and plug it back in.  But before you do a "reset of all settings"  I recommend doing a back up. To back up your Ipad to the iCloud-this will save a copy of everything on your Ipad.  

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on your name at the top of the scree:n.
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Tap iCloud Backup.
  5. Tap Back Up Now

Reset all Settings removes things like your Wifi password and settings you've set on your iPad for Apps, mail, etc. Erase All Content and Settings restores a device to it's out of the box state when it was first turned on. You never want to Erase all Content unless your selling/or trading in your Ipad.  

@eadu4 : I just completed the iCloud backup.

Cable tech rebooted the router the other day. DH had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago and can't do this. I am handicapped and can't bend down to do this.