Super Contributor
Was wondering if anyone could tell me approximately how many songs the latest version of the Shuffle will hold? Also is it fairly easy to synch with IPad Air, and does it need a special cable for that. I am presuming I can transfer all my ITunes songs to Shuffle also? Thank you in advance, Susi.
Honored Contributor

Hi Susi,

The Shuffle holds 2GB. It's hard to say how many songs that is exactly, but it's roughly 500.

The Shuffle connects to a computer with a USB cable. I don't believe the iPad Air has a USB port, so it would not be able to connect to or sync any iPod. You can transfer your iTunes songs to the Shuffle when you sync it, but you'll need a real computer to do so.

My parents have no computer, only an iPad, and I think the lack of a USB port is a serious drawback for the iPad.

Super Contributor
Thank you, ChynnaBlue. I am fairly new to IPAD and ITunes..and Cloud. 500 songs is good amt. Just to clarify before I buy it, if I have an ITunes acct., can I access it thru my laptop and transfer all the songs that are on my IPAD to my Shuffle , even though they are not downloaded to my laptop, just my IPad? I know I had bought and downloaded one song 5 years ago to my laptop from ITunes, and that automatically got on my IPad when I set it up. Amazing! I just wanted a little portable device for my songs to take on walks. The Shuffle seems like a good idea. I didn't think it would be too hard to synch two Apple devices...thank you again for help. Susi.
Honored Contributor

I bought my shuffle and my nano from Apple's refurished line. It's cheaper and has the same warranty. Basically the innerds are the same everything else is brand new.

It's a good value if you want to save a few $$.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

Check out the Apple Support Forums. I find a lot of answers there

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Super Contributor
Your iTunes account is connected to your Apple ID. When you buy an Apple product you set it up with your Apple ID. Then all devices are linked together, through the cloud, under your Apple ID. That said, if you want to manager the songs individually on the iPod, the. You would connect the iPod to the computer using the USB. The iPod will show up to the left on the iTunes page under devices. You can move individual songs on and off manually. Personally, I just let all of my devices sync together and don't manage anything manually. This way I have all song available on all devices and can access on whatever I am using at the moment. NOTE- you will have to make sure that the songs are actually downloaded to the iPod if you want to play them when not connected to wifi. But if they are not downloaded, they can play via wifi through the cloud.
Super Contributor
I checked it out, and doesn't specifically mention IPad to Ipod synching. Just via computer. I have a laptop so no big deal, but thought there was an easier way. The only songs I have are from ITunes Store, so was thinking there would be some connection with that to Ipod . I am going to Bestbuy tomorrow, so hopefully can round up someone to assist. I was asking here also to see if I needed to buy a cable to do this. As long as it is doable in some way, don't want to be hit with a restocking fee, if all else fails! Thanks again,Susi.
Super Contributor
Thank you LynnJ. Saw your post after my last reply. Yes, that is what I was hoping it would do. Since the IPod won't have wifi during my walks, I will need to download all my songs. I am guessing, that is when I use my laptop? If so, is this done with USB cable from computer to IPod , w/o any attachment to IPad. I guess I think of the IPad as location of all my songs, as opposed to ITunes site or cloud. Thank you , Susi.
Super Contributor
On 6/18/2014 Susic said: Thank you LynnJ. Saw your post after my last reply. Yes, that is what I was hoping it would do. Since the IPod won't have wifi during my walks, I will need to download all my songs. I am guessing, that is when I use my laptop? If so, is this done with USB cable from computer to IPod , w/o any attachment to IPad. I guess I think of the IPad as location of all my songs, as opposed to ITunes site or cloud. Thank you , Susi.
Yes you can click on them when the iPod is connected to the computer. Or, when in wifi, you can click on the song on the iPod, and download it to the device from the cloud. For me, I mainly listen to the songs on my devices while on wifi using the cloud. This saves space on my iPhone and iPad because they aren't actually downloaded. However, there a few songs that I love, and sometimes when not on wifi I want to hear them. So I have actually downloaded those to my phone. If ever I change my mind, I just delete them from my phone, and poof, back to the cloud they go where I can access them via wifi from the cloud to hear them. Hope this makes sense. This technology and the cloud can be confusing.
Super Contributor

u need to check apple forum..