Respected Contributor

Thinking about getting an IPAD.  I have a 2015 MacbookAir which needs updating badly.  If I replace the computer with an IPAD how do I print from it?  I have a Brother printer which is connected to my printer.  I am NOT savvy so using wireless might be trickey for me!  Is the set up easy??

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   Brother used to have fantastic phone service.  I haven't changed my printer since the pandemic, but if I were you, I'd try a call to Brother tech help using your current printer numbers as a starting point.  I'm hoping they can advise you.  I believe you will have little difficulty using wireless.  I love it and I know virtually nothing techie.

Honored Contributor

If your current printer doesn't have wireless capability, you'll need a new one that does.  Most today have it and you can get one quite reasonably.

If you're used to a Mac, I don't see that you'd have much trouble with setting up an iPad.  It's not difficult, and there are plenty of videos online for help.  Also, if you buy from a store, they can set up a lot of it for you.

Honored Contributor

"I have a Brother printer which is connected to my printer.  I am NOT savvy so using wireless might be trickey for me! "

The only way to print from an iPad or any Apple iOS device, you will need AirPrint on your printer.  See Knowledge Base Article:  support.apple.com/en-us/HT201387

You will need to do the following regarding your priinter........

Read the manual to determine if AirPrint is supported.

Read the manual to determine which model printer you have.

Read the manual to determine if wireless or not.

If no manual call Brother's tech support.

View YouTube's tutorial videos once you find out the model & serial# of your printer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Thinking about getting an IPAD.  I have a 2015 MacbookAir which needs updating badly.  If I replace the computer with an IPAD how do I print from it?  I have a Brother printer which is connected to my printer.  I am NOT savvy so using wireless might be trickey for me!  Is the set up easy??

@bargainsgirl You might need to buy a printer that has AIR PRINT capability. Then you can use any Apple device, even your phone, and print from it anywhere. You might check the current printer handbook and see if it has AIR PRINT. 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl , I have a brother laser printer that operates through the Brother iPrint&Scan  app.  Find the model number of your printer and Google it to see if it will AirPrint.  LM

Occasional Contributor

I have an Ipad and got a wireless Epson printer and got it set up and I am certainly not that tech savy.   Just follow the directions word by word.  You can do it.