Honored Contributor

IPAD HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

I don't have any Apple products but want to get my kids an Ipad for Christmas.

There is an upcoming TSV I believe

Apple ipad 10.2" Gen 9 with Accessories & Voucher for $499 64 GB or $669  256 GB

Can't get it to come up so not sure of the 'accessories' or other details but:

1.  Is 64 GB too low for movies, gaming, pictures etc.  My kids and grandkids both would be using it.

Should I get the 256 GB?

2.  Does either look like a good/fair price?

I am pretty sure I can use 12 mos free financing on my Q card.

3.  Is Gen 9 new?  old?  obsolete?

4.  Is 10.2" the size of the screen?  Is this a nice size one?  I don't want a small one...a full size Ipad!

I know nothing of tablets/pads etc. so any help would be greatly appreaciated.

TIA !!!

Regular Contributor

Gen 9 is current, and 10.2 is a normal sized iPad. There is also and iPad Pro that is larger, but at a higher price point. The link you put up to the QVC item you are considering shows sold out at the moment and wouldn't show me what accessories it includes.

I'd say that 64gb is on the small side, IMO the 256 would be better and wha tI would choose. There are a few choices you'd need to make - do you want straight wi-fi or wi-fi with cellular? There are two regular sized iPad models - iPad Air and plain iPad. The plain iPad is lower priced. I happen to have one of each and actually prefer the plain over the Air - I find the Air model to use up the bettery much faster. 

My suggestion would be to go to the Apple website and check out what is available. It gives all the specifications and combinations available. It will answer some of you questions and help you decide what is best for you. As for the accessories, there are tons of choices on Amazon and other stores at widely varying prices. You might do better shopping around a bit once you decide exactly what you want.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife    I would get the 256GB.  The price sounds good.  Depends on what the accessories are but I'm sure the kids will appreciate it.   I have the 12.9 2018 version I got as an Xmas present and it was almost $1000. I love my IPad. I use it a lot.  I also have a MacBook Air laptop and love it too.   I am a big Apple products fan

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife  Go with the 256. That's what I have and I use it all the time. I never use my laptop anymore and only work off of a computer at work.

They will love it and there's a lot of storage which will be appreciated. Great gift. And yes it is a fair price.  I'm not sure about gaming though. My son always said he liked android for gaming. But in my opinion No one looks down on an iPad and it's way better than an Amazon tablet!!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @NigelSparkles 

I forgot I had posted the link (which is not active yet) so I retyped it so this doesn't get poofed or something.  Thanks!

I did go to the Apple website but couldn't really make heads or tails of it.

To me, all it looked like they were offering in the box was the 10.2"  9 gen 256gb  ipad  only...and usb and adaptor.  That's it.  No keyboard etc.

It showed  $479  jumped to $609 for WiFi celluar...which I don't think they need.

I won't know til QVC makes available the full details on what the accoessories and extras are.

Appreciate your help.

Honored Contributor

Thanks very much @KBEANS  and @Teddixat 

I appreciate your thoughts...seems like 256 is the way to go.

I'll be interested to see what comes with it.

Not that color really matters, but often Q has many choices while the Apple site has grey or silver only.

Ohh...though I wonder about shipping???   That charge will make a diff on my decision maybe!

Respected Contributor

When I bought it; I chose Gold. It looks like Rose Gold to me. It doesn't really matter because it gets covered with the case. I chose the rose gold case.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS 

Oh yes, a case would be great to have esp w/ grandkids.....fingers crossed that comes with it.

Too bad TSV are top secret again or I'd have Christmas just about done with this purchase!   LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: IPAD HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

My husband jokes that my iPad is permanently attached to my arm at this point.  I'm never without it at work or home and use it for almost everything.  I currently have an Air 4 that I bought through Verizon and it's was over $800.  I need the cellular version for use at work but wouldn't get it if I didn't take it out of the house.  
The accessories aren't included with any purchase directly from Apple.  They're going for the least amount of accessories now because they feel people have chargers, etc from older versions.

QVC usually includes a case (needed) a keyboard (individual preference, but nice to have) and sometimes an external mouse. 

I'm sure the bundle makes a great gift.  

There is a Gen 9 256 bundle shown with headphones, a stand, a case, etc. It might be the same or similar.
Super Contributor

Re: IPAD HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife, I agree with getting the 256g. Right now on the Best Buy website, they are $429.99. Wifi only, which is what QVC has. It doesn't come with any accessories but you can always buy them separately. If you search "iPad generation 9" you can see the specs. This is one that can use the generation 1 Apple pencil. I'm pretty sure the TSV will offer generic stylus, a keyboard case, headphones, and vouchers for apps, with the possibility of getting MacU (which gives access to a lot helpful videos). That seems to be what they usually offer. Of course, if you need easy pay, no one else offers that, you either have to pay by cash or credit card. Of course, prices at Best Buy, Amazon change frequently,  ut at least they have free shipping or can go to store. Also, Best Buy will price match from places like Amazon, Walmart, etc. 

The Generation 9 is the latest introductory iPad as of right now. Apple usually releases new products sometimes in the fall. They might be coming out with a newer version then.