Esteemed Contributor

Re: IPAD HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

You don't need the accessories except for a pencil. The current pencil is generation 2. QVC throws in a bunch of cheap accessories to make it look like a deal. All you really need is a good sturdy case, pencil if they want to color or draw or do whatever it is kids do. QVC typically sells yesterdays technology today. September is traditionally when new products are released so you might want to wait. 

Respected Contributor

Re: IPAD HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

When I purchased it here I received the iPad pencil along with my purchase. I also received choice of case and another generic pencil, ( so 2 in all... the real and generic) I dont use either. Also earbuds , keyboard, and a bunch of other things. The case is still the one I use. I didn't take any insurance. I like the idea that I have 30 days with QVC and easy pay which isn't offered at Apple or some other stores. I couldn't afford to buy it elsewhere.

@RespectLife 

E241911  Look at that one. It sounds like what you think will be offered  as the TS. You can view  the cases as well, and you'll be prepared if and when it may be offered. 

Good Luck in whatever, and wherever you decide to make your purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

Never get the 64 GB. After a short while, it will not even be able to accept the updates. That's a very low, and not really worth it. Usually there is one model in the middle with a 128 GB, which is what I have. She don't have any movies or videos on my, just pictures and apps. I no longer use a laptop, I bought a keyboard on Amazon instead. The choice being 64, or 256, I would go with the latter definitely.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Toot1920   and  @Tori3569   for the helpful info!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife    I don't need cases, earphones or any of the unnecessary add-ons QVC sells so I recently bought a 64GB iPad directly from Apple online for about $350.  I don't download movies or a ton of photos so the 64GB was fine for me.

The 9th gen is the current model but I thought I heard yesterday that a newer model is being released this fall.  Maybe its just the iPhone, I'm not sure.

If I'd had my brain turned on, I would have waited and bought this weekend, our tax-free weekend, and saved $25.  Didn't even occur to me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

DH has a newer iPad and he chose to add the keyboard only because his typing is not the best at 80 !  He rarely uses the keyboard and leaves it on his desk because it makes the iPad very heavy.

My iPad is three years older.....I never used a keyboard on any of my iPads.  If I am using the calculator app, the number pad provided is very functional.

I would think younger generations wouldn't need a keyboard:  have you ever noticed how fast they are on a much smaller cellphone keyboard?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RespectLife    I don't need cases, earphones or any of the unnecessary add-ons QVC sells so I recently bought a 64GB iPad directly from Apple online for about $350.  I don't download movies or a ton of photos so the 64GB was fine for me.

The 9th gen is the current model but I thought I heard yesterday that a newer model is being released this fall.  Maybe its just the iPhone, I'm not sure.

If I'd had my brain turned on, I would have waited and bought this weekend, our tax-free weekend, and saved $25.  Didn't even occur to me.

I wish NY had a tax free weekend!  @Kachina624 

I think my kids and grandkids would be downloading a lot....esp games and pictures.....My DIL takes millions of pictures!!!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @jlkz 

That is a valid point.....I know my DIL types a lot though....they have a cracked ipad mini and she is always using the built in pretend keyboard.....

They don't have a computer at home...just at work...so thought a  keyboard would be nice to give them a pretend laptop effect....

I'll be interested so see what the real offer is...as her picture on that sight isn't guaranteed to be accurate.

Super Contributor

@RespectLife, the other thing to consider is the ages of users. If they are younger, the cases that come with the TSV's aren't very heavy duty. Kids will be moving and walking around with it, no matter how much you try to have them sit down with them. I saw that the price for the TSV for 256g is $669.00. Good luck on your decision! 

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 

I know the cases aren't very sturdy...I have seen them.

My kids are adults but my grandkids are little...