Respected Contributor

I am done with Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Time to buy a new MacBook Pro as these Windows updates are a pain. My Outlook for mail will not email out but I can receive mail. I went on the server and that is all fine and sends emails out. I did the fix on it and everything I found else to try and fix it. The problem seems to be a Port problem has the wrong number needed. Thankfully I have my iPads to use. Sometimes you just like a laptop that has sites you can print from. Some sites do not let you print from your iPad such as Hospital portals when you want to print a test result etc. 

I let the rest of the updates on Windows finished and now my Outlook mail screens are messed up. I have the updates Paused for 7 days and it still runs in the background trying to download them.

I never hasp a problem with my MacBook years ago. I just hated it always wanting to run Time Machine. I still have the External drive I used for it. 
I may get the MacBook Pro 16" as I am not sure if the MacBook Air would do as much as I may want in the future.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am done with Windows 10

MacAir is pretty robust now!  You might have to store on an extenal drive which is easy.  I am on my third one and love them.  We do have a Pro too but it is heavier.

I gave up on Windows a very long time ago.  It is a boon to people who are nerds and like to mess with this stuff--and I got tired of it.  

Honored Contributor

I don't like windows 10 either.

I use my iPad most of the time.

To print somthing....save the screen shot to your iPad in photos, then print the saved screen shot from there.

You can find directions how to save a screen shot online I'd you don't know how.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a new pro last year and love it!  I haven't had a windows computer in years.  My 3 Apple products, iPhone, iPad and Pro talk to each other and I like having pictures especially on all three.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner ..love my MAC Air

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks to all.

I was just checking out the Apple MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro. They are both very nice and could do what I need. Since I use my iPads all the time I think the 13" would be good for me.

I have taken a snapshot of what I needed before and printed them out but my printer takes awhile printing things. It does do a good job but it is 11 years old. As soon as I use my last three cartridges I am going to update that also. I got a new router a few months ago as that was 11 years old also.

I will be 72 in a few weeks and have money saved so I need to enjoy it now. Within the next few weeks I will have all Apple electronics. Never had a problem with any over the last 10 years of using them.

Next after the MacBook will be an Apple iPhone as Tracfone is now carrying them and I love the Tracfone service here.

Have a great week and I will post back. Thanks again.

Super Contributor

@MKR14 I agree with the new  Windows 10 update messing up my email.  I don't have outlook loaded, only Windows 10 email (don't know how I got rid of Outlook, it just happened).  I live in rural Nebraska stuck on Windstream burried copper line, which is pitiful, so it doesn't help that my internet also goes down.  I did finally get my emails to load properly, after the update I couldn't get the pictures to load.  I have an ipad air with a data plan that will work if nothing else does and I can print to my wireless printer if my wireless router can receive a connection.  I am seriously thinking about the ipad pro because I don't actually need a laptop.  Good luck

Honored Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@MKR14 I agree with the new  Windows 10 update messing up my email.  I don't have outlook loaded, only Windows 10 email (don't know how I got rid of Outlook, it just happened).  I live in rural Nebraska stuck on Windstream burried copper line, which is pitiful, so it doesn't help that my internet also goes down.  I did finally get my emails to load properly, after the update I couldn't get the pictures to load.  I have an ipad air with a data plan that will work if nothing else does and I can print to my wireless printer if my wireless router can receive a connection.  I am seriously thinking about the ipad pro because I don't actually need a laptop.  Good luck

Why not use gmail? I ditched outlook years ago and while outlook has nice features lacking in gmail , gmail is super easy 

Super Contributor

@jackthebear , my son said the same thing - but I have so many accounts linked to my email address, I would hate to lose it.  I guess I'm just old and don't like to change much if it's working.

Super Contributor

consider a Chromebook! amazing, lightening fast, minimal bloat. I won't ever go back! I've had a Toshiba, Lenova (didn't like that one) and now my fave: an HP. 

just a thought.....