Trusted Contributor

Sorry if this has been asked recently -- I did a search.

My Facebook Shortcuts disappeared on the left side of my pc screen and has been replaced with a long list of other keyrap.

Anyone know how to get Shortcuts back?

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Facebook does all sorts of weird things.  I clicked on the icon this week and was told it was an invalid address.  A hour later it worked fine.  It's the most user UNfriendly site of which I'm aware.   I can't figure out how to do many things on it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with the shortcuts.  But I notice on the app that my cursor is now white (instead of a legible black) when I try to search for someone.  Annoying.

For all the updates they do for that thing, you'd think they could get things right and leave them that way for a while.  Kind of reminds me of the QVC site.

Respected Contributor

No way to get it back unless FB decides to put it back.  I have to click on the groups icon now to go to the groups.  FB has also changed how you edit photo comments.  Grrrr...

Valued Contributor

I don't have that problem but I used to have all of my contacts load on the right side of my laptop screen but as of last weekend they're gone.  If I refresh the page they come back but disappear within a second or so.  FB does this all the time. They make changes but never let you know so you go crazy trying to figure out what happened.  Even the newsfeed isn't current anymore.  Frustrating!

Esteemed Contributor

I had a devil of a time a couple of months ago when it asked me to log in and kept telling me my info was incorrect. I fiddled and fiddled with it over a period of time, weeks on end and I wound up being asked to send my photo to be sure I wasn't a....uhm uhm uhm....a robot or something. They said as soon as they confirmed my info the photo would be deleted or destroyed or whatever they said. I had no clue how to do that so my son took my photo with my ipad and did whatever was necessary. The next day I was back in Facebook's good graces. 

I only use Facebook to follow about 4 people, 2 of whom are relatives.

Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook Shortcuts Gone

[ Edited ]

My left column looks like this; but FB changes stuff all the time and usuallly not everybody gets those changes at the same time. I'm often one of the last since I'm on a group that discusses these things, so I often hear about big changes long before it hits me.

FB Shortcuts.jpg

ETA:  When I refreshed that page, My Shortcuts showed up at the bottom of that list above.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess   Yes that's what I'm talking about, exactly what my screen looks like.  Refreshing did nothing.  I had to shut down completely and reboot my pc, which is not something I should have to do every time my Shortcuts disappear.  Smiley Mad

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Deree I rarely ever shut my computer down.  It could be something to do with your Cookies.  I have had problems using the QVC website before and resetting my Cookies fixed that problem.  I hate doing that though since I then have to re-log into all my sites again.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Deree I rarely ever shut my computer down.  It could be something to do with your Cookies.  I have had problems using the QVC website before and resetting my Cookies fixed that problem.  I hate doing that though since I then have to re-log into all my sites again.

@Icegoddess  Do you mean clearing cache and cookies?  I do that every night.