Trusted Contributor

I have technically challenged to say the least.  The mail on my I-pad seems to be stuck.

I cannot delete and I'm not sure I am getting any new mail. What do I need to do?

I would so appreciate some help or direction.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Try to reboot it...hold down on/off button and big round button together until screen shows the apple...then you can let go...wait till it boots and then see if you can get your mail....if that doesnt work see if your wifi is turned on under general settings

Honored Contributor

Which mail program?

Have you tried to turn the I pad off an on?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Try to reboot it...hold down on/off button and big round button together until screen shows the apple...then you can let go...wait till it boots and then see if you can get your mail....if that doesnt work see if your wifi is turned on under general settings

I wish APPLE provided directions as simply and clearly put as you do @meem120!

Trusted Contributor

I turned it off - re-booted and it is working!  Thank you so much for your help!!

Super Contributor

@violann,

Apple has an iPad User Guide that can be accessed through the iBooks app or online at this website:

https://help.apple.com/ipad/9/#/iPad9940e497

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Cha1k wrote:

@violann,

Apple has an iPad User Guide that can be accessed through the iBooks app or online at this website:

https://help.apple.com/ipad/9/#/iPad9940e497

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Great advice, as usual, @Cha1k!  Also, on the Apple website, if we click/tap on "Support" tab at the top and then choose the device type, then choose from the menu on the left side of the page...  there's a wealth of easy-to-follow info.Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova