Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Can’t Retrieve My Email (AOL.COM)

So far I am getting my AOL emails.

A few months ago they told me to install their app and not use the phone generic email app.  I have both which seem to be synching ok!

Honored Contributor

Okay, so not only can't I retrieve my email, just now I tried Facebook and it's acting weird. I looked online, other people are having problems too. What the heck is going on?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2, this happened to me a couple of months ago.  I got in touch with AOL because I am a paying customer.  Spent about 15 minutes with a customer service person who finally was able to semi correct the problem.  They say it's an Apple security issue connected to one of their security updates involving 3rd party email.  I still see the error message and when the email is released from wherever it's released from, it's about 10 minutes or more later than the time on the email.

Call AOL

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Okay, so not only can't I retrieve my email, just now I tried Facebook and it's acting weird. I looked online, other people are having problems too. What the heck is going on?

@Jordan2 @I don't know which device you tried to use but there have been warnings of security problems stemming from a phony update for Samsung devices. There have also been warnings saying that iOS and os owners need to update their devices due to a security flaw. I don't know if these two warnings are involved with your issues or not. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 @I don't know which device you tried to use but there have been warnings of security problems stemming from a phony update for Samsung devices. There have also been warnings saying that iOS and os owners need to update their devices due to a security flaw. I don't know if these two warnings are involved with your issues or not. 

@Mindy D The devices I am having trouble with are my iPad and iPod. I am always on top of getting updates for them. I’m starting to think the last update may have caused my problem.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Mindy D The devices I am having trouble with are my iPad and iPod. I am always on top of getting updates for them. I’m starting to think the last update may have caused my problem.

@Jordan2,  I don't have AOL, but a couple of suggestions:

Have you tried deleting the email account (in Settings, under Mail-->Accounts), as @Still Raining mentioned, and then adding it back?  I do that, occasionally, when my mail seems to be acting up. 

Also, did you try resetting your network settings? 

That can clear up the odd problems with any apps that access the network. 

(It's in Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings -- when the device boots back up you'll need to re-enter your WiFi password, but otherwise you won't actually see any changes other than possibly the connections work better.)

If you're using the Facebook app, deleting and reinstalling it might help, too.   (I don't like the Facebook app, so I access Facebook directly with Safari.)

Best of luck with this!  Let us know if you continue to have problems and maybe one of us can offer more ideas.  Take care.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo I kept getting a message my password for AOL was incorrect, it isn't. I actually added my email address again to my account and put  it as my default email account, it seems to have done the trick. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@dooBdoo I kept getting a message my password for AOL was incorrect, it isn't. I actually added my email address again to my account and put  it as my default email account, it seems to have done the trick. 

I'm not dooBdoo but, I want to comment on this anyway.  I have recommended reinstalling, resetting and restoring for years on this forum.  It almost always fixes the problem.  If a program or app gets corrupted, installing and reinstalling is a lot faster and usually works better.  As long as your e-mail is still on the server, you'll get it back with the reinstall. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had not problems with my AOL email today.....📬

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”