Respected Contributor

I bought this vacuum from HSN as the TSV ( I was bored and blame it on the pandemic ) it took me a while to get it set up and download the app (it sat for over a week before I decided to deal with the tech stuff in the set up) Here's my issue. I might as well get out my old vacuum cleaner because I can complete my vacuuming of all of my rooms by the time I steer it in the right direction, move it from area to area, pick it up and move it to another room, keep it from going under my sofa and getting stuck there. When I tell it to go back to the docking station I have to lead it there until the signal picks it up and it finally returns to the station. I am amazed at how much it picks up when I empty the vacuum box so that's a plus. I like it  but I would not buy another one, just use my vacuum cleaner. Anyone else have feedback ?

Respected Contributor

I’m not sure what brand you got, but you should be able to figure out a system where it works for you. My Roomba certainly takes longer than if I swept the floor myself but I have figured out the few things that need to be moved or blocked so it doesn’t get stuck.  I have a couple of weights placed behind two recliners and a couple of rocks that I keep under a shelf 😀.  I really hated cleaning the floors and DH was missing a lot when he did it so I love my Roomba. 

Esteemed Contributor

Always thought it would trip me up, never dared to try.  Glad you got it to work.

Respected Contributor

@tucsongalwrote:

I’m not sure what brand you got, but you should be able to figure out a system where it works for you. My Roomba certainly takes longer than if I swept the floor myself but I have figured out the few things that need to be moved or blocked so it doesn’t get stuck.  I have a couple of weights placed behind two recliners and a couple of rocks that I keep under a shelf 😀.  I really hated cleaning the floors and DH was missing a lot when he did it so I love my Roomba. 

I have the Roomba as well. thanks for the feedback

Respected Contributor

I had a robot vacuum, and didn't like at all. 

I felt like I had a toddler or younger in my home getting into things while it was running.  It made me nervous, so I gave away.

Honored Contributor

We love our Roomba.  It mapped the house and we can direct it with the phone to any room or all.  It does a good job too.