Honored Contributor

I Can’t Retrieve My Email (AOL.COM)

So I not a techie, I get my emails on my iPad and iPod using the mail icon. It was working great on Tuesday, but it isn't updating my mail any longer.I get a little message saying there was an error and go to my settings (saying it needs AOL password). The password is listed there already, also I haven't changed my password. I have an Android device, I'm having trouble with that too. If I go on AOL's website I can see my new mail. Is this some problem with AOL, I haven't changed anything so I am in the dark why this is happening?

Honored Contributor

Re: I Can’t Retrieve My Email (AOL.COM)

@Jordan2 

I am not a techie either, sorry, but I have been on AoL all morning for my emails and it is working fine.

I have 2 computers going here at work...Firefox has AOL open on one and Explorer on the other computer.

Wish I could help you!  Hope you get it straightened out.

Honored Contributor

I have looked online, AOL is having outages, I am not alone in my frustration. It would be nice to be aware of it, instead of driving myself crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

If you can see it in aol, I think we can assume it is your iPad.

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, my iPad demands the mail password.

To to humor it, I deleate the account and set it up again.  Using the same password and everything.

No good fighting it 😂

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

To to humor it, I deleate the account and set it up again.  Using the same password and everything.

No good fighting it 😂

@Still Raining but it's not just my iPad, it's my iPod and my android tablet, it seems like it may be problem on their end.

Honored Contributor

Good luck, @Jordan2.  I'd rather take a beating than deal with the AOL people in India.  That's why I ditched them and went elsewhere about 10 years ago. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

No good fighting it 😂

@Still Raining but it's not just my iPad, it's my iPod and my android tablet, it seems like it may be problem on their end.

Ah, wow.  Still could test it out on the iPad.  Good luck, it must be sooooo frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

How odd, I just received an email from AOL on my Samsung Android AOL app.  It says that they are upgrading and making changes to the app.

I have been using the AOL app and not my phone email app for about a year with no problems.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of stuff like this, last evening my son spent well over an hour trying to figure out why I could use my Ipad to send email to a couple of people yet when I tried sending one to my daughter and then to a sister-in-law I kept getting a popup box in the middle of the screen saying it could not be sent because of something with my yahoo password being incorrect or however the heck it was worded. I checked my settings, it was NOT incorrect

After trying various things he then had a devil of a time getting that email set back up in the ipad after trying deleting it out then resetting it. It just kept giving him agitah, and he's good at this ipad & computer stuff. I finally went to bed while he was still fiddling with it. I don't know how much time over the hour I was awake he spent on it before leaving here.

Talking to him this morning he said he finally got it fixed. I haven't tried yet sending one to my daughter to see if it really is fixed because if it won't send it I'll spend the day ticked off and fretting over what the problem is. I have enough stuff to deal with today to have to have thinking about that irritating me too. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

Ugh, I just got that email too.  My phone is an Android and I check my email there as well as my Kindle.

Can't wait to see how these changes mess me up!

Everything is still working fine through FireFox and Explorer though...