Trusted Contributor

I am doing some family research and have located two family crests from the area in which my ancestors came.  However, when I "copy image" it copies the crest and a paragraph or two of information (in Swiss-German) of information.

I would like to separate the graphic from the text, but when I click on it, the parameters include both.  I have tried clicking and dragging, but it doesn't highlight so I can copy and paste each separately. 

Any ideas on how this could be accomplished?  I am a semi-novice, so please be step by step in your directions.  Thank you so much.

wismiss

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: How do I do this?

[ Edited ]

The easiest way for me is to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool. Open the Menu (Windows Icon lower left screen), go down to Windows Accessories & click on Snipping Tool.

When it opens click on new & drag your box around the area you want to keep. Save it to your desktop or any place where you can find it.

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss   I did research on heraldry with a company from Westminster Abey. 

The Mottos (just under the crest)  are written in Latin and the descriptions of the shield is written in French, so people can paint them. 

The motto in Latin should appear with the coat of arms but the description shouldn’t. You should copy it then translate it so you will have the information. 

Sorry I can’t help with that my books are back in England. I know nothing about computers and printing so am no help there. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Krypto:  Thanks for the info about the heraldry site.  I will check it out later this afternoon. 

Nightowlz:  Thank you SO MUCH for teaching me about snipit.  I used it last night and was successful in achieving what I wanted.  The icon is now on my taskbar as I am sure I will be using it often.

Again, thanks to both of you.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta