Respected Contributor

How Do You Add Color/Italics to Your Signature Line?

Just wondering...How do you add color or italics to your signature line? I tried the tricks that someone posted, but I keep getting messages that there was incorrect HTML...so it didn't work.

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Add Color/Italics to Your Signature Line?

[ Edited ]

Click on my signature in this post and it will take you to a post with consolidated tips and tricks. The first three links of that post will take you to posts on added signatures, adding italics, or adding color. 

You need to use HTML code for both.

< em > is the code for emphasis/italics. Note: You must not have any spaces in your actual code. We have to use them to post code because if we don't include them, the system reads the code and not the text and you can't read the text anymore. Take the spaces out when you type it into the field.

Here's a screen shot of the exact code used in my own signature and a breakdown of what it all means. You can see below how there are no spaces in the real code commands:

SignatureCode.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yardlie,  Here's a copy of one of my posts from months ago:

Here's some basic info about formatting the signature line. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To italicize, precede the signature with <em> and end it with </em>.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want the signature in bold, precede it with <b> at the beginning and </b> at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want the signature in colors, precede the signature with

<font color="nameofcolor">

and fill in the color's actual name between those quotation marks.

Here's a link to all the color names:

http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

~~~~~~~~~~

As an example, my signature -- in my settings -- is:

<font color="steelblue"><em><b>~★You don't have to disrespect and insult others to hold your own ground. If you do, that shows how shaky your own position is. (Red Haircrow)★~</b></em></font>

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, for example, @Yardlie, if you wanted your siggy to be italicized and in blue, this is all you need to insert into your profile settings.  

You can copy and paste this with no changes, then be sure to click/tap SAVE, and it should work with no problems:

<font color="steelblue"><em><b>Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it. ~~ Irving Berlin</b></em></font>

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ChynnaBlue and dooBdoo ~~ Thank you so much! It worked! It's fun learning a little HTML.

John ~~ Wow! That must have taken a little time to put your signature in the way you did! Smiley Happy

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli