Honored Contributor

Help (!!) with downsizing computer page

Okay, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to explain this well. 

A week or so ago, a 'partial' task bar (I think that's what it's called) showed up that has Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and a Recycle Bin logos on the left side of my screen.  They've always been at the bottom of my screen and G Chrome and Micro Edge still are.

The problem is this 'side bar' is taking up about an inch and a half of my (touch) screen on the right side.  So there are times I can't click on 'my cart' or even 'sign out' of some sites because it would be on the part of the inch an a half that would show on the right side of my screen.

I've toggled over the edges to get that <------> to move it, I've tried to drag it over using the touch screen.  I've clicked on the Chrome and Edge icons and tried to pull them down to the ones also showing on the bottom of my screen.  But nope, they remain.

Am I making sense? Woman Frustrated

So the page minimizer or maximizer (I know there's an official name, but can't think of it...lol) where I can choose 100% or 125% or whatever, must be on the part I can't view/access.

I know I'm not making any sense!  But I bet there's people here who can still help (HELP!) me.

P.S.  I hate going into settings or any of those places because I could mess things up even worse.  (This is why I'm not allowed near my husband's laptop.)Woman LOL  I'm asking here first.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help (!!) with downsizing computer page

@Lucky Charm I found this.

How do I move my taskbar back to the bottom of the screen?

Follow these steps to move your taskbar.
  1. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar, and then click to uncheck Lock the taskbar. The taskbar must be unlocked in order to move it.
  2. Click and drag the taskbar to the top, bottom, or side of your screen.

It happened to me once and I think this was the way I was able to fix it.
Respected Contributor

right click on a blank area of task bar.

window opens

click on last line task bar settings

this window opens, see drop down chosing taskbar location

taskbar.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your replies.  I got as far as the 'Bottom' and clicked on that and the three icons remain on the upper left side of my screen.  I'm going to have to get husband to do this.  I saw the words Windows 11 somewhere in all of that and almost fainted.  I can't deal with that, yet...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried clicking on F11?   Maybe you are on "full page", and just need to get off that.  

Or...at the VERY TOP LEFT there is a square icon...where you can change your TABS from the left to the bottom of the screen...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

That did it!  I could hardly see F11 with readers on.  I must've hit that at one point trying to power on the computer (without readers on).

Thanks to all of you.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Desertdi 

That did it!  I could hardly see F11 with readers on.  I must've hit that at one point trying to power on the computer (without readers on).

Thanks to all of you.  

@Lucky Charm   Glad to hear it worked!    I was used to pounding on an old IBM Selectric for YEARS....and I have hit some "odd" keys myself on my laptop....    di 

♥Surface of the Sun♥