Contributor

Tracfone changed how to add minutes???

What the heck did they do?

My bookmark stopped working recently (404) but I was able to circuitously navigate to the page with all the options. Today I can't even find that page and when I find what seems to be where I can add minutes it says the phone number isn't valid and won't let me go further to purchase a minutes card. Another page that seemed viable gives me "alert - resource not found" when I put in my phone number. I get the same errors with my phone number that still has calling minutes. Neither is expired, etc.

Are we all supposed to have a service plan now? Or an account?

I just wanted to add the 500 mins for $10 with no service extension. I've been doing this for years with no problem and now am totally stumped.

I wound up calling CS and was able to do it over the phone but that shouldn't be necessary. As for the invalid number error she gave me some BS about servers, blah blah blah excuse. Obviously just a non answer answer they're instructed to give when they don't have an answer.

I know a lot of people on here have TF so I'm hoping someone has figured it out. Or maybe this will be a heads up for others.

Any help is appreciated!

Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone changed how to add minutes???

I had that same problem logging in a few days ago where it didn't recognize my phone number.  I tried it over and over that day but then it worked perfectly the next day.  

Valued Contributor

@leigh, have you ever tried doing it from your phone using the app? I used to add texts to my phone that way all the time and it was very easy. I recently added minutes to my current phone and used the website and that worked just fine too.

I have had an account for years.

Contributor

@lizzys wrote:

I had that same problem logging in a few days ago where it didn't recognize my phone number.  I tried it over and over that day but then it worked perfectly the next day.  

Weird. I'll check another day.

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I think all the problems have something to do with the Verizon takeover of Tracfone...my phone was locked for 3 days, had to call a phone number to unlock it then hit restart. I never found out from Tracfone why it happened & today there's another problem....I'm frustrated, UGH.

Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@leigh, have you ever tried doing it from your phone using the app? I used to add texts to my phone that way all the time and it was very easy. I recently added minutes to my current phone and used the website and that worked just fine too.

I have had an account for years.

I've always done it on the website. I figured TFs aren't secure enough to use my credit card <shrug> I may have hit an intermittent glitch.

Thanks.

Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I think all the problems have something to do with the Verizon takeover of Tracfone...my phone was locked for 3 days, had to call a phone number to unlock it then hit restart. I never found out from Tracfone why it happened & today there's another problem....I'm frustrated, UGH.

I need to read here more often!

This is worse than finding out Clarisonic went out of business after dragging mine out on a whim LOL

Always late to the party...

Trusted Contributor

@leigh    My phone has been acting up also for about a week.  I wanted to check my minutes/text balance but could not pull it up.  Eventually I just texted 611611 to add my $15.00 card.  It worked and I was able to see my balance.  Since then I still have to restart my phone to see my balances.  Must be a glitch it the system.  Glad I read these posts.  Apparently other tracfone owners are having problems too.  I also prefer to buy the refil cards rather than set up an account that requires a credit card.  

Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@leigh    My phone has been acting up also for about a week.  I wanted to check my minutes/text balance but could not pull it up.  Eventually I just texted 611611 to add my $15.00 card.  It worked and I was able to see my balance.  Since then I still have to restart my phone to see my balances.  Must be a glitch it the system.  Glad I read these posts.  Apparently other tracfone owners are having problems too.  I also prefer to buy the refil cards rather than set up an account that requires a credit card.  

I expected to find more complaints online. Maybe it's just starting. Oh, goodie.

I used to use the app but it got weird for me long ago so I've relied on 611611 to keep track.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@leigh 

No problems accessing my account or my phone number on the website. 

They did update their website and you have to scout around to find things. And I HATE all the pop-ups....but I finally figured out how to add minutes/data you have to shop plans you still dont have to do auto-refill just dont initiate or click that option. GOOD LUCK! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”