Trusted Contributor

I have an HP all in one printer 2600 series. It was printing fine with my desktop. Then I tried to connect it wirelessly to my laptop. Now I can't print on either one. I downloaded a troubleshooter, but can't really find my problem. I don't know if it is wireless problem, driver problem, software problem etc. It recognizes what I want to print---QVC return label, sounds as if it is printing, but produces a blank sheet. Of course it is a holiday, so there is no one there to speak to. Can anyone help me?

Valued Contributor

Re: Help with a printer problem

@geegerbee 

I am having the same issue and hoping @dooBdoo  @gardenman will see this and offer some help.

Honored Contributor

Try removing the printer from your list of devices. Then add it back. Sometimes that will resolve communication problems between your printer and your computer.

Respected Contributor

Calling help desk!  LOL!  Just kidding.  It's just that my husband is an IT person and he helps a friend who is up in age when he has issues.  He does data bases and reports and all that pa plap ap a so when I have an issue he tsks and helps but everyone is always pulling on him so I try not to annoy him since he has to do it for a living.  I know, printers can be a pain in the butt.  Anyway, I hope someone on here can really help but I think if the suggestions here, and they're good ones, if you still have the issue, maybe you can call the company where you got it or something. 

It's late in the evening and he's sleeping but I'll ask him about your question.  Hopefully it gets resolved before that but I'll ask.  Sounds like something may have gotten corrupted when you switched to the lap top.  Wadga do dat for?  LOL!   I'm sorry, I get silly when I'm beat.  Hang in there hon.  Someone will get ya fixed up. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's what I do... First, unplug your printer. Next, unplug your router for a second, then back in. Once it resets, plug your printer back in. Wait a moment to see what happens. If that works, it should start to print again. If it doesn't there might be another step. 

Respected Contributor

I would Google the problem and all kinds of videos with help will pop up.  You do have the document in your inbox I assume so it's just a matter of printing it.  I feel for you because I've had so many issues with pcs' printers, ug, you name it.

Good luck though XO

Valued Contributor

@geegerbee  First I'd try what @2Kittys  suggested. If that doesn't work I'd go with what @SilleeMee  said.

If that doesn't fix it, it might be a driver compatibility or update issue. Printers can be a real pain. 

I always begin with the simplest thing first. Unplug. Wait. Replug. HTH

Honored Contributor

No advice, just my my sympathy. Those help numbers are useless. We couldn't even understand the person on the other end. My DH eventually figured that the ink cartridge that came with our brand new HP printer was defective.

Frequent Contributor

I have an wireless HP printer with recent issues and called my computer guy.  Wouldn't print to my laptop but had in the past.  If none of the suggestions work, try uninstalling the printer completely from your laptop and reinstalling it.  Make sure you get the correct printer name etc.  Worked for mine! Good luck.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Try removing the printer from your list of devices. Then add it back. Sometimes that will resolve communication problems between your printer and your computer.

@geegerbee

The suggestion above is excellent, and after you remove your printer from the device manager.

You need to shutdown your computer. You next unplug your printer and disconnect its USB cable.

Next reconnect your printer to your computer. 

Windows 10 will find and install the driver.

HP should have a setup video for your printer on YouTube.