Honored Contributor

For years I"ve used IE and earlier this year started also using Edge. My dear BIL, the family computer maven, showed me how to use it.

No problem. BUT I don't remember how to do a "copy and paste" using Edge! It's easy with IE and he told me how some weeks ago but I've forgotten.

Don't want to bother him today as he's resting and is such a great guy I wanna leave him be.

Any advice is much appreciated. Tell me how as if you are talking to a first grader (who probably would be smarter than I am about it)!

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT USING EDGE

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids 

It's the same way using Edge, as it is using IE.

Highlight what you want to copy, right click on your keypad or mouse and choose 'copy' from the drop down menu.

Then go to where you want to paste it (here in a post, email, etc.) right click again, then choose paste' from the drop down menu.

The only thing different with Edge than IE with 'copy and paste', is for images (pics), there is a separate 'copy image' selection on the first drop down menu, instead of choosing just 'copy'. 

If I can make it any clearer for you, just let me know!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Never used Edge. Online it shows this 

1. Ctrl + A to Select All.
  2. Ctrl + C to Copy.
  3. Ctrl + V to Paste.

I also read they have a new Smart copy & paste so you can do it so the text does not get all messed up.

It's called Microsoft Smart Copy Feature.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom Thanks! Will try it now!

EDITED: I just did it. Thank you! I think this is how BIL tried to explain it but you made it so easy!! I so appreciate it!