Contributor

Help with Amazon Fire 10 setup

I am wondering if my new tablet is defective.  It will not connect to the internet through my home Wi-Fi.  I have entered the correct PW for the AT&T router, and it displays the correct network name.  However, it continually says "connecting" under the Network name, and says "No Signal" under Signal Strength.  But there is nothing wrong with my internet connection, as I obviously am connected to the internet on my laptop.     

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help with Amazon Fire 10 setup

I had problems with the Fire I bought years ago - had to hire my guru to set it up.  Then I found the material offered by Amazon was nothing of interest to me.  Games were kiddie stuff - I don't have time to sit and read books.....it's been on shelf collecting dust. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I set my Paperwhite up, I discovered there may be conflicts with what your device needs and what your WiFi service and/or modem/router set up is.

It can be solved by naming the 2.4 and 5 bands differently.  Comcast was altering them with no notification.

Lots of online instructions.

Honored Contributor

Call Amazon and/or check YouTube Amazon Fire tutorials.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Have you tried shutting it down and starting it up again?  I've setup 5 or 6 kindle 10's and haven't had any internet issues.  My mother clicks things on her kindle when she didn't mean to.  I have her turn off/on and the issue goes away.

Go to the Amazon website, there is a kindle forum.  You can read questions others asked or ask your own question.  The technical team answers the questions.  Or you can call and talk with the technical team.  I had a recent issue and customer service had them call me.  I explained the situation and they gave me step by step instructions to fix.

They support all kindles.  Doesn't matter where you purchased it.

Contributor

Did you ever get it to work?  

I am going to set mine up later.  I will post back if it works or not.  I have Spectrum for internet.  Not sure who your provider is.  Did you go to settings and make sure Airplane Mode is set to off?   I didn't even know I had to do that.   To check, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wireless. If Airplane Mode is On, tap Off to enable wireless connectivity.

Contributor

Still working on this issue.  My provider is AT&T.  

Valued Contributor

I purchased two of them, and set them both up, no problems.  Alot bang for the buck. I have one problem that hopefully someone can help me with.   When it is on and than automatically the screen goes dark, you have to press the button to bring the screen back.  When I do this, it shows the homepage BUT IT IS VERY VERY DARK, and each and every time I have to go to SETTINGS AND SLIDE THE BRIGHTNESS TO 100PERCENT, WHY DOES IT KEEP SLIDING BACK TO A LOW NUMBER WHEN THE SCREEN GOES DARK AND HOW TO I FIX THIS?  Thanks

Contributor

No issue whatsoever.  Found my network immediately.  I find it a little heavy but I think that's the keyboard case I'm using with it.  It's no iPad!   I need certain apps that I don't think will download.   But I am very impressed for the price of this thing.   

Contributor

When I press the button after it gets dark, how do I get rid of the game on the lock screen?  Or is that an ad?