Super Contributor

Help selecting a Tracfone this Memorial Day weekend

I have been given the task of selecting a new Tracfone this Memorial Day weekend for a friend and would appreciate any help I can get here.  This is for the occasional user who is currently using an older LG and wants to update but not to a higher end phone. Want to purchase from QVC or HSN because her year is almost up so she would rather buy a more updated phone with the year on it than just buying another year from Tracfone.

I will glady accept any and all suggestions. Please, if you could take a minute to add why you suggested the phone and if you own one.

Thank you so much!

Contributor

Re: Help selecting a Tracfone this Memorial Day weekend

I ordered Samsung Galaxy AO2s 6.5" HD phone from HSN 11/21 & did not activate it until April of this year when my old Samsung's year was up.  I am NOT "techy" at all & altho I had no problem activating the new phone I wasn't able to transfer all my information from the old phone.  I called Tracfone who transferred me to Samsung.  The (very kind) rep from Samsung spent a LONG time explaining how to transfer the information & stayed on the line the entire time to make sure I was able to get it done.

I looked up the item number for the phone:  790-917   

It says it is sold out so I guess my review of the phone isn't really important.  I did read most of  the posted reviews & had none of the problems others did.  My previous phone was also a Samsung & I didn't have any problems with that either.  Other than saying I wouldn't hesitate to get another Samsung can't really be helpful.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

About 6 months ago I ordered a Motorola G Pure TracFone from HSN.  I just recently activated it.  I've had Samsungs for years but this new phone has some nice features that I've never had before.  I'm really enjoying using it without the glitches I've experienced with my old phone.  For one thing, it actually fits comfortably in my hand, being a bit narrower.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@lizzys 

My wife and I both have the same Samsung Galaxy Ao2s another poster mentioned. No problems setting them up or transferring data. I seldom use mine, and my uses hers a lot as her 2nd phone, more for texting than anything.

Think Samsung has a newer model A03s now. We paid $ 59.95 each for ours as delivered price.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Thank you @Jrzgirl@Kachina624 , and @hckynutjohn for your replies and reasons you like the phones.  I will have to go take at your suggestions.  Have a great night!

Honored Contributor

I've got the Motorola Moto G Stylus (2021 4G version) and it's a great phone. HSN had it on sale for $99 a while back and I bought a new one at that price just to get the extra year's service. The pros are the nice display, great camera, 128 GBs of memory, fast, reliable, it's just a great phone. The cons, the current price. It's back up to $200 plus on the Q and sold out at HSN. It does everything I need a phone to do and does them all well.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

My old LG flip phone was outdated and they made me get a new phone. They provided me one free of charge.  It is a Motorola Moto G - it really is a nice phone.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Thank you @gardenman and @AngelPuppy1  for your suggestions.  Sure wish that Moto stylus was still on sale.  Needless to say I haven't bought anything for this person.  It is hard given the task to buy for someone else.  I'll let you all know when I do get one.

Thanks again to all of you who took the time to reply.