Super Contributor

Re: Help With My HP Envy 5530 Printer

I am, also, having problems with my HP Envy printer and the black printing. I have checked to see that my cartridge was not outdated, done all the steps HP suggests, and still having problems. My printer is almost 6 years old, and I agree that printers are so cheap that it does not pay to service them. I am waiting to use up the ink I have before I purchase a new one. I purchased the one I have from HP. The next one I purchase will be from Apple. They have upgraded models HP does not carry on their website.

Honored Contributor

@Apple Crisp wrote:

I am, also, having problems with my HP Envy printer and the black printing. I have checked to see that my cartridge was not outdated, done all the steps HP suggests, and still having problems. My printer is almost 6 years old, and I agree that printers are so cheap that it does not pay to service them. I am waiting to use up the ink I have before I purchase a new one. I purchased the one I have from HP. The next one I purchase will be from Apple. They have upgraded models HP does not carry on their website.

@Apple Crisp, do you have Kaspersky Secure Connection on your computer? Ever since this was updated to my computer, I have been having trouble with a lot of my programs, coincidence or not?

Honored Contributor

I'm the OP and have seemed to fix my problem, I'm cautiously optimistic. I read some steps to take to resolve my problem. I took the black cartridge out and placed it turned upside down on the table for about 12 hours. I then replaced the cartridge into the printer, I got a message to print the alignment page. It printed with the black ink working, I then scanned the alignment page and got a message that it was a success! If you knew me you would know I'm not tech savvy at all. I'm pretty proud of myself!

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 No, I am not using Kaspersky. Thank you for letting us know how you solved your problem. I will try that next.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm the OP and have seemed to fix my problem, I'm cautiously optimistic. I read some steps to take to resolve my problem. I took the black cartridge out and placed it turned upside down on the table for about 12 hours. I then replaced the cartridge into the printer, I got a message to print the alignment page. It printed with the black ink working, I then scanned the alignment page and got a message that it was a success! If you knew me you would know I'm not tech savvy at all. I'm pretty proud of myself!

Hi @Jordan2,

I'm so glad that it's working out for you! Heart

Please don't feel bad about any of this stuff.

I personally think that the newer printers can be a bit more complicated to set up and use, from our own experience with them.

Nowadays, they're meant to be used with multiple devices and not just used with your Windows or Mac computers, so in my own experience and opinion, it's not so easy to try and coordinate their use with something else.

I've mentioned before that I have a Chromebook, and the newer Cloud-ready printers are still in the beta-testing phase with them.