Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know if a new I pad will be released soon?  I need one and would wait for a new release. Thanks for any info. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@godi@Nuttmeg, I have been waiting for the new ipad pro.  Gotta say, I am disappointed that there doesn't seem to be an ipad pro mini as earlier speculation pointed in that direction.

I bought a MacBook Pro a couple of months ago.  I hardly ever use my ipad 3 now.  Just use the MacBook which I love @13".  

Hoping that they got that part wrong.  I would have liked a new pro mini to travel with.  Still excited to see what they reveal.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@godi@Nuttmeg, I am forever the optimist.  Found this so I am still hopeful...

From Apple rumors UK site...

We had previously expected an iPad mini to be announced at Apple's September or October 2016 events, but those came and went with no sign of Apple's 7.9in tablet. Instead, the iPad mini 5 or iPad Pro mini has looked likely for some time to arrive in March 2017 alongside the iPad Pro 2, and the above rumour adds to this theory's credibility.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I pad question

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for the replies. I know if I go get one they will come out with a new one. Murphy's law right. 😂😂

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @godi. I'm not an iPad user and would like to prevail on your expertise.

Do you send and receive text messages using your iPad?  If so, what messaging apps work well for you?

@jGalt is having trouble, cannot send a text to an Android using iMessaging. Have you had success texting to Android with another messaging app?  TIA.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I pad question

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

Hi @godi. I'm not an iPad user and would like to prevail on your expertise.

Do you send and receive text messages using your iPad?  If so, what messaging apps work well for you? https://www.whatsapp.com/

@JGalt is having trouble, cannot send a text to an Android using iMessaging. Have you had success texting to Android with another messaging app?  TIA.

You can only use iMessages with iDevices.

Esteemed Contributor
My niece has an android and I can text her, no ap just my phone service.