Contributor

Can someone answer this question? On HSN Item numbers 513-747 has 59 reviews with 5 stars, item 541-212 has 54 reviews with 3 stars. The specs look the same except 541-212 was the newsest one they just had a few weeks ago as a todays special.  What is the difference between these 2 laptops ? Thanks for the info.

Esteemed Contributor

@MsMN wrote:

Can someone answer this question? On HSN Item numbers 513-747 has 59 reviews with 5 stars, item 541-212 has 54 reviews with 3 stars. The specs look the same except 541-212 was the newsest one they just had a few weeks ago as a todays special.  What is the difference between these 2 laptops ? Thanks for the info.

I looked at these two products. You will find nicer quality hardware at HP. HP sells the HP Envy laptop 17t. You can ask the CS any questions.

Respected Contributor

We wouldn't purchase any computer or other electronic equipment from any TV Shopping Channel.  We go to the source and buy there.

Honored Contributor

@MsMN wrote:

One has a dual core Intel I-3 processor (I-3 7100u) while the other one has a quad core Pentium (n3710). The website cpubenchmark.net gives the I-3 CPU a score of 3850 and the Pentium a score of 1874. What does that mean for you? It could mean absolutely nothing if you never push your computer hard and only use it for web surfing and similar tasks. The Pentium will be slower but that's not necessarily a deal breaker.

I'll be rebuilding my desktop in the next month or so and I'll be installing the AMD FX 6300 which has a benchmark of 6370 and is currently sixth rated in terms of value vs performance. It's currently retailing for $81 and gives you six cores at 3.5 GHz. That CPU ranks at 406 on their overall chart, but it's the best compromise between value and performance for my needs. The I-3 7100U ranks 763 on their overall chart and the Pentium N3710 ranks 1379 on their overall chart. The I-3 is the better processor of the two in terms of performance, but depending on what you use your computer for, you may never see a real world difference.

By the way, their top rated CPU is an Intel Xeon CPU with a benchmark of over 25,000 and a price tag of $2700+. When I'm building a computer I look for the best overall value based on price and performance, and right now that's the AMD 6300 for me. Some people value overall performance the most, but I look for the best overall value balancing price and performance.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Woman Frustrated I would not ever order any electronic from any shopping channel you will get a older model with software you will never need or use. I go to the HP store for the newest electronic and for the information about it.

New Contributor

Re: HP computers - NEVER AGAIN !

I certainly wish I had done that. I purchased 2 laptops - one for my daughter who was writing a book - the other for me.

WORST PURCHASE I EVER MADE - HP LAPTOP.  Neither one of us enjoy using our computers. 

It freezes, hangs, lags, doesn't recognize a movie on DVD.   SIMPLY AWFUL !!

New Contributor

I bought one too and it is a piece of junk! $699 and Of course I am stuck with it  NEVER AGAIN> BEST BUY will be where I go!

New Contributor

I wish I ever bought this piece of junk!

Honored Contributor

@GreatGram wrote:

I certainly wish I had done that. I purchased 2 laptops - one for my daughter who was writing a book - the other for me.

WORST PURCHASE I EVER MADE - HP LAPTOP.  Neither one of us enjoy using our computers. 

It freezes, hangs, lags, doesn't recognize a movie on DVD.   SIMPLY AWFUL !!

@GreatGram

You don't say how long ago this was but why not go to the HP website, email or talk to their CS and tell them you seem to have gotten a "lemon".    

Respected Contributor

I would not recommend purchasing any computer from any home shopping channel.  You don't know whether the item is the latest from the manufacturer.  Go to the manufacturer's website, look at what they offer, and make your choice there.