Respected Contributor

? about my Tracfone service days, can I just add time only:

My current Tracfone service time ends in early September.  I am wondering if I can just pay for the extension of my service time?

I may not want to buy a new phone right now.  I have plenty of minutes and data available to me now, so I could easily go for one more year on what I currently have.

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: ? about my Tracfone service days, can I just add time only:

There are plans that give you more service time and have less minutes but you just can't buy service time though.  I have several thousand minutes but the way I see it is even if you could buy just service time, it would probably be nearly as expensive as buying minutes,data, etc.  You can check out what's available on their website.

Regular Contributor

Morning @Big Sister !!  Happy 4th.

If you have a WalMart near you, they carry Tracfone and you can go in and they'll load the extension card right then and there for you.  I believe it's one year for $100.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

This past January, when I didn't need minutes, I went to the TracFone website and bought the lowest number of days/minutes possible which did triple (maybe one month $10?), and then I was able to add 365 days of service (maybe $49? if I remember correctly).

Check if out. Hopefully it is still the same.

Edited to add: The $49 cost might have been higher to buy one year of service days. Not sure....

Esteemed Contributor

Yes you can @Pook.

Its a special offer that is only available on their website.

It remains hidden until checkout. 

I just used it in June to buy a year of airtime.

I only buy airtime and texts. I have no use for talk minutes.

See the thread titled 'It's Still There!' in this forum.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Yes you can @Pook.

Its a special offer that is only available on their website.

It remains hidden until checkout. 

I just used it in June to buy a year of airtime.

I only buy airtime and texts. I have no use for talk minutes.

See the thread titled 'It's Still There!' in this forum.

@x Hedge  You stated you buy texts then add the extra airtime offered at checkout. @Big Sister You cannot just buy added service days without purchasing something else.  You have to purchase something whether it be minutes, texts or data then you can add extra length in service for an extra charge which is what I always do.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No @Pook.  In spring I thought they'd discontinued it. (But i just didn't have enough in my cart.)

In June I put texts and a $20.00 pay-as-you-go card in my cart. That trigered the $49.99 offer, and I selected that too. 

At this point the texts, the pay-as-you-go card, and the 1year/$49.99 are all on screen/in your cart.

AND

now is your last chance to change your mind and take some things out of your cart.

You can remove the other items and proceed thru checkout with your year of airtime.

So, you have to put things into your cart to reveal the hidden offer, but once you select that, you have a chance to take the other stuff out of your cart just before final checkout.

But . . .if they insist you buy something else to get that, $5.00 more for 1000 texts isn't a bad deal.

@Big Sister 

Valued Contributor

I just had the same problem and they will ding you for minutes but they do have a 3 month or 90 day deal for about twenty bucks and it includes something like a hundred minutes. That was my best buy.

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone uses their phone differently. I'm gld you found the "best buy" for you @blankette.

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister@Pook

Follow-up:

I  take it back.  

They've made a change, and what worked in June for one phone wouldn't work in July for my second phone. 

In July I had to buy the 'website only' 30 day Pay-as-you-go card to get the 365 days of airtime for $49.99.

So on 7/27 I did have to buy what I don't need or want in order to get what I do need and want.