Honored Contributor

I am using my hubbies laptop an HP  Pavilon and somehow I did something that has caused my screen in forums only to be huge.  I cant find where or what to change it back to normal.  This is the only computer I have to use at this time.

Can anyone help me?  Thanks

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

If this happens only on the forums, no other pages on other sites are huge, click on your forum name, select 'settings', then select 'preferences' form the drop down menus.

On the 'preferences' page, one of the choices is text size, the default is medium.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom ................yes only on forums nowhere else.  I will go adjust settings.  Thank you

Honored Contributor

I went to settings and even tried small but my screen is still huge.  Cleaned cache, rebooted and nothing has changed.  Since I am not used to this keyboard I think I hit some odd key.

@KingstonsMom 

Valued Contributor

I'm far from an expert..

Try going to the very top right on your screen..there should be 3 dots..click you will get a menu..

Check your ZOOM.I keep mine on 100 most of the time.

It's worth a shot.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 ..............That worked!! Somehow it was set at 150.  Thank you, Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Up in the right corner  is something which looks like a small gear.

Click on that, look  for something that says Zoom....

Click that, it will give you sizes ro scroll down to or you can customize the size of your choice.

If thats doesn't make things smaller, then you  have to get inside the guts of the computer monitor, which can be confusing if  you don't know computers.

In that case I would Google your problem and write down what it says to make the screen smaller...

Go step by step,,,,

Good luck,,,,,

Honored Contributor

@pieman ........Thanks for taking the time to help me out.  I did get the problem fixed.