Respected Contributor

Switching Tracfone Samsung to Tracfone Apple Iphone

I am Mac everything and finally decided to go Iphone with my Tracfone- I have had Tracfone for over 20  years and have always seamlessly transferred from one smartphone to another- Currently using a Samsung 11series-

(I AM looking forward to losing all the Samsung "junk" apps they force on you!! )

Before I begin the process, Has anyone done this? Will I lose a lot of apps/data? What tips do you have for me? I normally use "Transfer Wizard"- Is this what you reconmend?

New Tracfone is Iphone XR

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this..

Respected Contributor

Re: Switching Tracfone Samsung to Tracfone Apple Iphone

I switched from a Samsung Android to an iPhone.  My Samsung was purchased thru Tracfone and I ended up buying an unlocked iPhone activating it thru Tracfone. The biggest issue I had was getting my unlocked phone activated. 

Transfer of everything was pretty seamless.  I used an app to move things over but I don't remember which one.  There was only one app that didn't transfer simply because it wasn't available on Apple.......of course it was my favorite note taking app. 

Regular Contributor

Have the Apple iPhone through Tracphone. No problems after one year. Phone needs a lot more charges though.  Ties in well with my iPad.

Respected Contributor

@Drlinda That's what I love about my iphone also.  I can transfer photos and around using Airdrop. 

Respected Contributor

Which Iphone did you get? I got the XR....I didnt have a huge choice