Regular Contributor

HELP, PLEASE - TracFone LG L41C

All of a sudden I cannot bring up the internet on my phone.  I think something may  have been clicked on by mistake, or???  Also, if I erase all data and restore default settings, will I lose my contacts, etc?  Thanks for any help!  I LOVE this phone, by the way, even though I'm technically challenged big-time!!

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP, PLEASE - TracFone LG L41C

Yes, you will lose your contacts. Have you gone through your setting to be certain the WiFi is on ?

Honored Contributor

If the WiFi is turned on, and/or the data is turned and you've still got data available, but still can't connect, then pressing and holding the power button to shut down and restart the phone might help.

To check the status of your WiFi and data simply slide a finger down from the top of the screen. You may have to scroll up a tick, but you should see a series of headings including Quick Memo, QSlide, Sound, Wi-Fi, and Data. WiFi and data will be blue if they're turned on, white if they're turned off.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Occasional Contributor

I had a similar issue months ago with my LG 41C that I couldn't turn my wifi back on. I found a solution by  turning phone off, remove battery for about 30 seconds.  Put battery back in and turn phone on and I was able to turn my wifi back on.  You will not lose your contacts.  Only way you will lose contacts if you do a Factory Reset..  Good Luck

Regular Contributor

OK,  Wi-Fi and Data are on ,  but I'm still getting "Webpage not available" when I use the browser, instead of it going to tracfone.com as it always has before.  I'm also seeing a lot of the "Sync" circle thingy here and there and at the top of the home page, that I don't remember seeing before.  Seems like there's always one running somewhere.  Yes, I referred to it as a "thingy", for lack of a decent technical name entering my brain.....Lol!

Thank you so much for your help! .....and to everyone else pitching in.

And, am I the only one having problems posting with this format??  Feeling quite stupid at the moment.

Occasional Contributor

Do yourself a favor and not use the "Browser" but use "Chrome" instead   Chrome is also a browser.   Go to the bottom right and tap on Apps and look for Chrome, which is Google Chrome.  You will be able to get onto the Internet with no problem.  Try to hold your finger on the Chrome App and it will jump to your Home Screen.   Just so you know  I do the same thing and turn off my wifi to save on battery but I can see it can become a problem.  Your "thingy" which may be syncing with something, maybe calendar? or something else. One more thing, on the bottom right by tour button you have 3 lines, hold that and all the apps that are running will pop up, hit clear all, the syncing should stop.  I love my LG 41C and do alot with it.  I hope this helps as well.

Respected Contributor

@HarborMini  Thanks for the hint of what apps were running. I forgot about the three lines for that. I swiped mine to the left and shut them off. I do use other features when you tap it. I love the LG L41C. I was thinking of the TSV tomorrow but decided to keep the LG. I had trouble a few weeks ago with it locking up and I couldn't shut it off. I plugged it in with the charger and then put it in the outlet to charge and it rebooted it. It was "fully charged" but I didn't know what to do. It worked and no problem since. I do know that when the circle is at the top of the phone just don't use anything until it is gone! I think with me trying to do other things on it I locked it up. Now if the circle is there updating something I leave it alone. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I got a prompt from Google on my LG Power to install an app called power clean. Now when I have something that keeps running or updating it alerts me to that. For instance I had installed a Walgreens app to let me know when Rx were due etc and that darn thing ran all the time and ran my battery down, so uninstalled it. 

Occasional Contributor

Wifi and Resolution is the biggest battery drainer.  That is why I turn my wifi off on my LG 41C at home.  When I turn my wireless laptop on I always have to check  my cell to see if wifi was turned on and I have to turn it off.  I also have the power clean on my cell and I clean it once a day because you have to turn the wifi on.   There are many youtube videos, check for "battery saver for cell" and listen to some.   When I want to check my email then I turn on wifi and make sure I turn it off.  You will notice a big difference.  I have 2 LG41C and I have to sync my calendars for appointments.   Now I make it a point to turn down my Resolution and turn off my wifi.  I think it is almost time to purchase battery replacement or get a new bundle end of year before my expiration.  

New Contributor

Sorry, at my age I find out something and then can't remember a few days later how I did it. Found out my wi-fi- cable was bad. After many frustrating calls , turning phone off and on, removing battery etc.

Thanks for the help.  btw: wi-fi cable wasn't that old either...