Valued Contributor

Adobe Flash Player Downloads

I was having a problem with my computer and noticed that I don't have Adobe Flash Player PPAPI  21 and Adobe Flash Player Active X 21.  I went on the Adobe page and can't find a download for these two specific things.  I went in the Flash Player Manager and it says they are not installed either.  My Active X is 10 which is out of date.  I do have Adobe Flash Player NPAPI 21 in.  All I can find it downloads from other sites.  Anyone know where I can download from a site that is safe?  My download manager says I have it set to automatically download it but it's faded out so it's not working.  Tried to change it but it won't save any changes.  Not sure what that's about.  Using Vista.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Adobe Flash Player Downloads

It looks like there was a problem earlier this year with Installing from Adobe, @kismet

I've always considered Cnet a safe avenue for downloads.  HTH's

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kismet wrote:

I was having a problem with my computer and noticed that I don't have Adobe Flash Player PPAPI  21 and Adobe Flash Player Active X 21.  I went on the Adobe page and can't find a download for these two specific things.  I went in the Flash Player Manager and it says they are not installed either.  My Active X is 10 which is out of date.  I do have Adobe Flash Player NPAPI 21 in.  All I can find it downloads from other sites.  Anyone know where I can download from a site that is safe?  My download manager says I have it set to automatically download it but it's faded out so it's not working.  Tried to change it but it won't save any changes.  Not sure what that's about.  Using Vista.

Thanks

You are using an older OS. This maybe a cause for some of your problem(s). Vista Windows will no longer get Security Updates after April 2017. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle.

You may want to consider buying a new computer.

I use Belarc Advisor to check the status of my Window Updates, and Flash Player.

Respected Contributor

I doubt you can update but, look at the system requirements and see if it's possible.  Windows Vista is so old, very little is compatible. 

Trusted Contributor

I noticed too after I installed Adobe, my windows 8 ran super slow and locked up, I uninstalled Adobe and it's normal again.  Glad I saw your post!

Contributor

Try using Google Chrome as your web browser. My hubby works in computer tech support and says that Chrome has Flash built in. He will not allow anyone in his office to install Flash because it has become unstable.