Honored Contributor

HEAVY DUTY PHONE CASES AND SCREENS?

I just ordered a new Samsung to get my year of Tracfone service.   (Yay!)  Woman Happy

My neighbor has an iphone, and always buys a glass cover and a heavy duty case with ribbing for better grasping.  She suggested I considering doing so to protect my new phone.   (She usually purchases Speck cases and Zagg screen covers, both which seem a little pricey to me).

Of course her phone is about 10 times more expensive than than what I just paid.  I have only dropped my phone ONCE in the past 12 years, onto carpeting.   

My questions are .... do you drop your phone a lot? 

Do you buy screen covers and heavy duty cases?  If so, what's a good price? 

I've never considered these, and am curious what others do with their new phones. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HEAVY DUTY PHONE CASES AND SCREENS?

@Tinkrbl44 I drop my phone A LOT and use Hython cases that are VERY reasonably priced and DURABLE!on Amazon. I have used them for years!🥰 The edges have silicone bumpers, and  neither my screen nor case has ever has EVER cracked!👍 They are quite stylish, and they have a wide variety to chose from!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44,

I have always gotten a screen protector and I also have a faux leather case. I drop my phone on cement and everywhere!

I tried to find a picture but the one I have always gotten is $10 from Walmart-its' not glass or tempered glass, and it doesn't make the phone heavier.

It's called Safeguard w/ liquipel.

It is made for each type of phone

so you have to make sure it has the right dimensions for your phone no matter what type of screen protector you choose.

There are so many nice covers that are also good when you just want to carry your phone and many have a few credit card slots.

I guess it's like insurance. You rarely drop your phone until you do and if you have a protector you will be so glad. Definitely worth itSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I rarely drop my phone but I upgraded my case to an Otterbox. It is highly rated but it makes your phone heavier.

Honored Contributor

I dropped two different smart phones in the past and both got broken b/c my hands are so messed up that I can't hold them properly. So I decided they aren't for me and now I use a flip phone which I have never dropped.

Honored Contributor

Always have a screen protector.  Usually a wrap around.  The back of the phone and the front are covered with a magnet.  Always have a gorilla glass on it.  It's cute with a wristlet holder.  Only thing, is that it makes my phone bigger then it already is. 

Respected Contributor

I very seldom drop my phone. 
And when I did, nothing happened to it. I never use a screen protector and I use a basic case from Amazon with bumper guards. 

Super Contributor

I have dropped or knocked my phone off of a surface and when they were younger, my granddaughters used to drop my phone while looking at my photo gallery. I have always relief upon OtterBox and have never had a problem with breakage. I also have a screen protector.
Honored Contributor

I don't drop my phone that often, but it does happen occasionally.  i always get a screen protector.  In fact, I came as part of my last phone purchase several years ago.  I just got a new phone and bought and applied one to it.  It sorta scared me puttiing it on myself since my last phone they applied it and went through 2 trying to get it right and still didn't get a bubble out.  I kept trying to push that bubble out until one day it cracked.  But, at least that darn bubble was gone.  It didn't crack my screen, just the protector.  

As far as heavy duty cases go, I'm not a fan of those.  I have a phone case and I feel like it makes my phone bulkier than I would like.  And, most of the heavy duty ones won't work with a wireless charger which is what I have.  I paid extra for that thing when I got my last phone, so I'm not giving it up now that I have upgraded to a new phone.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44.  8 also use a Tracfone but have never dropped mine.  I do buy a case, mostly for aesthetics but have never bought a glass cover and have never had a scratch.

I go on eBay and Amazon, put in my phone model and always come up with a nice selection of protective covers.  They always fit perfectly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment