Esteemed Contributor

I am editing event pictures. I am looking for a program or process that removes objects from pictures.  Explaining better, I have taken close ups and find that in same area are objects like chairs, or signs that I would like to remove.  I don't want software that is on  a yearly renewal plan. I want to pay once and use the software as long as I can. Yes, I would rather simplicity and I would love to have  something that I can download easily and use without much effort.  I have Windows 10 and I am on a PC.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Graphic software question

@bonnielu 

Have you used Lunapic?

Trusted Contributor

Windows 10 already includes both Paint and Paint3D, but I'm not familiar with everything they can or can't do.

Gimp dot org and getpaint dot net are available as free downloads.

Super Contributor

Do a search for photo editing software and read the reviews.  If you had a Mac, I'd suggest you try using Photos.  I'm sure Windows has a basic photo editiing program which might be all you need.

Honored Contributor

I use Photoshop Elements, but I wouldn't necessarily call it simple and easy to use. It has some guided edits that are pretty easy, but it's very versatile and lets you do some neat stuff. Here's an unretouched old, neglected family photo I scanned.

5.jpg

And here it is after being retouched in Photoshop Elements.

5b.jpg

As you can see, I was able to remove the yellowing, the tape residue, fix the tear, adjust the contrast, remove the silver spotting, and more. It's a pretty powerful piece of software. The original photo was about 60+ years old. In the retouched digital form it'll last forever.

If you don't mind spending some time learning all the ins and outs of the software, Photoshop Elements is kind of hard to beat. It's often on sale for $69.99 or even as low as $49.99. I wouldn't buy it at the "normal" retail of $99.99 as it's on sale on a regular basis at a good discount.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!