Valued Contributor

I am trying to figure out what to use to back up my computer.  I currently put information on thumb drives.  It seems there are programs that save programs and data and other data only.  Any advice for a novice?

Honored Contributor

Re: Backup options for pc

[ Edited ]

I use Western Digital's My Book external backup drive.  It's 7 inches tall, x 5 wide, x 2 depth.  

Directions on how to use included.  It does backups automatically while you are using your computer.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Google Drive. That's cloud storage. To use it you need to download Google Backup and Sync. 

Respected Contributor

I use an external hard drive.  It's almost 2 terabytes.  I use the "File History" app in Windows 10 and I have it set up to backup any changed files every hour.  There are other options.  It's the easiest method I've ever used.  It backs up everything I would want backed up, but you could add more if you chose to.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I have Carbonite, and use Google Drive for my calendar, and photos. 

I take my photos with my phone and a copy of. everything also goes to my Verizon cloud account. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a LaCie "Rugged" external hard drive.  It's really made for portable use, but it fits perfectly in a small space that I have on my desk.  I also use the iCloud for backup storage.

I have an iMac.  I think LaCie has external hard drives for PCs a well.