Esteemed Contributor

Got the new TSV Tracfone setup

Setting it up was not that simple.  I tried to switch online last night.  Did all requests and this morning my DH's old flipfone was not working,new one either.  I called 800 and did get it all done.  But if you're switching from a nonsmart phone to a smart phone,call the 800#.  I've switched Tracfone #'s online before with no problem. The phone seems ok, have to fool around with it more.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Got the new TSV Tracfone setup

I just posted on the TSV thread.    No problem with the set-up for me either.

Transferred my # from an AT&T plan.

Easy peasy

I'm very happy to not pay AT&T $80 per month for less access.

@MoJoV wrote:

Setting it up was not that simple.  I tried to switch online last night.  Did all requests and this morning my DH's old flipfone was not working,new one either.  I called 800 and did get it all done.  But if you're switching from a nonsmart phone to a smart phone,call the 800#.  I've switched Tracfone #'s online before with no problem. The phone seems ok, have to fool around with it more.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased the recent (Oct.2016) TSV Tracfone, an LG xStyle, for someone as a Christmas gift.

Of course shortly after I ordered, I became aware of the issue pointed out by several customers, which was later confirmed by the Tracfone Team. If I understand correctly, Yes, you have a year from the purchase date to activate the phone; however, you must activate the phone within 60 days, of the purchase date, to receive the free 1,350 (promo) minutes.

I have helped others activate Tracfones several times--all successfully...2Gs/3Gs/4G...ALWAYS by activating online. However, every activation was to obtain a new phone number. I have no experience with Tracfone users who keep the same number.

Due to the 60 day issue with the minutes, I decided to give my gift recipient the TSV phone this weekend. Not what I planned to do, but I figured the timing was great, since I was just alerted that he was struggling and only down to 15 minutes left on his current Tracphone.

He stopped by unexpectly this AM and questioned what the heck was going on with another new phone (I had the TSV phone charging in plain sight). I explained that instead of a new minutes card, he is getting a new phone with 1,350 minutes.

This "gift" caused a heated discussion because little did I know he had his phone number changed 3 times in the past month. It sounds like he had to spend several stress-filled hours/days on the phone with Tracfone Customer Service, Tracfone Tech Support, etc...and does not want to do it again.

So, if anyone has successfully upgraded their older LG Android Tracfone, to the newer TSV LG xStyle Tracfone, while keeping the same number, I'd love to hear about it. I would also appreciate it if you could post step-by-step instructions on how to transfer the number online or via an automated phone call (vs. calling Tracfone Customer Service).

I want to help activate the new phone but am concerned, based on all the recent negative feedback, that he will loss his existing phone number...again!

Esteemed Contributor

@Q_Shopper I switched my husband's tracfone flip phone to the new phone and kept the same number.  I could not do it online.  It has to be done through their customer service.  I just saw your post now.  I hope by now you have everything done.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth