Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@x Hedge   Thanks!  I did google the issue, but all the other girls have been texting, since Saturday and beyond....it's just my messages to them that are the issue.

When I have time I will delete their info from my contacts, and then have each one text me and I will save the information again in my contacts.

@Mom2Dogs 

Just a guess on my part, but I'm wondering if because you're 'texting' from an email address and not a true phone number text, perhaps your text is routed differently than theirs are and may run into delays or problems because of it.

On the opposite side of this problem, I'd love to know how to block any email texts (gmail or otherwise), since the ones I get are always scammers or offensive.  I do block each individually, but they keep on coming from other email addresses on occasion.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette thanks, we have been using this 'system' for years, then all of a sudden, its not working.

The only reason I knew about this form of conversing was some one of these forums mentioned it.

As far as blocking emails like you, I have to unsubscribe individually and oh my some of those spam emails are quite offensive, I don't open them, the go right to trash.

Esteemed Contributor

Texts with a standard phone messaging app is transmitted via cell towers, just like phone calls. Email is transmitted differently, uses servers.

(Lol! That's about the extent of my knowledge on the subject.)

@Mom2Dogs , are your friends successfully texting to you and/or to one another on phone messaging apps? (Via cell towers)

Since your outgoing message is "undeliverable" I'd guess the flaw is somewhere in the translation from one mode to another.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  Two of the women have I-Phones, the other is android..otherwise that is what we would do.

I did find a g-mail app to download, I sent a message to my niece and it was received, so far, I have found a work around.

I realize data on my phone would be best but I rarely use my cell phone, so I don't want the added expense.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I see, @Mom2Dogs .  Glad you have found something that works!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I text with 3 friends via gmail...I don't have a smart phone with data and this work around for texting has worked until this weekend.

To use texting via gmail, I only need their provider and phone number, no one has changed providers or phone numbers.

Last night I constantly got messages that my messages were not deliverable, which means since Saturday no one was getting my messages.

I did go to the gmail site, trying to figure out what to do...I have more than enough storage, I deleted everything possible, emptied trash, I have restarted my MacBook.  Cleared history and deleted cookies (don't know if that has anything to do with gmail).  

Still no one has responded to my question so I messaged (thru Messages) one of the girls, she replied that she did not get my message via gmail.

Any advice?

Why not just email one another?  If you're already using gmail, then create an email and ask your friends to do likewise if you all want to remain in contact with one another.  Otherwise, find a different messenger platform (if you can add an app).  Otherwise, you should consider purchasing a low tier smart phone.  Not all of them are expensive as some. 

Granted, if you do email, responses might not be lickity split, but it should work.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset  You would think that would work BUT they all have cell phones and prefer to text....I am not about to rock the boat.....

I did a lot of reading about my issue.  I ended up changing browsers and also my google password.  I texted 1 friend, she got the text but her reply came thru IMessages, which does happen when replying to a message since we both have Apple products.  I hope they chat tonight, that will be the true test.

Part of the text that I was getting when ALL the messages I sent came back to me read 'to many sessions', there were two pages full of code!!

I tried finding out exactly what that meant, but didn't find   anything that made sense.   Lets hope the small changes I made  fixed the issue.  I sure wish I understood technology better.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@gertrudecloset  You would think that would work BUT they all have cell phones and prefer to text....I am not about to rock the boat.....

I did a lot of reading about my issue.  I ended up changing browsers and also my google password.  I texted 1 friend, she got the text but her reply came thru IMessages, which does happen when replying to a message since we both have Apple products.  I hope they chat tonight, that will be the true test.

Part of the text that I was getting when ALL the messages I sent came back to me read 'to many sessions', there were two pages full of code!!

I tried finding out exactly what that meant, but didn't find   anything that made sense.   Lets hope the small changes I made  fixed the issue.  I sure wish I understood technology better.

Ok.  Good luck!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life