Super Contributor

Frozen LG Premier Tracfone

[ Edited ]

My phone is stuck in the middle of a Candy Crush game. It won't move at all. I have tried rebooting - no luck. I've tried holding down the power button and the lower volume button together for 60 seconds - no luck.

Should I try taking the battery out?

Any ideas?

Thnaks...

I just checked, and the battery isn't removable - darn...

Honored Contributor

Re: Frozen LG Premier Tracfone

@SchippyLuv - I've had Candy Crush freeze on me like that.  I don't think it's an issue with the phone, as it's happened on my other devices, too.

I have the LG Premier.  When CC freezes, I've still been able to hit the back button, then the one that returns you to the homepage.

Also, if you switch your phone off completely (just by pressing the power button on the back), then turning it back on, it should clear the game.  I've never had to take the battery out.  When you press the power button and get the options that come up, choose "power off" (not the "power off then restart").  That should give you a clean shutdown.

Super Contributor

I've tried all of that, but nothing works. Now I'm waiting for the phone to run out of juice and I'll see what happens. I'm ready to buy a new one if I have to, but then I'll be without a cell phone for a week or so - bah humbug.

I love my phone!

Respected Contributor

Remove the battery and then put it back - should start right up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's no reason you should have to buy a new phone.  I'm sure it's not an issue with the phone.  I wonder if it's an issue of space.  Do you have a lot of apps on your phone?  Just a thought.

But certainly, remove the battery and re-insert it.  If that doesn't work, google the problem  I'm sure someone has run across the same thing!

BTW:  Holding the power and volume lower buttons together on my Premier just captures a screen shot???  And when I did that, it froze my phone!  (Just to say, I just powered my phone off, waited a couple of minutes and it powered back on, no problem.  Baffled by the issue you're having with yours.)

Super Contributor

There is no way to remove the battery on an LG Premier. I can't check anything because the screen won't move. Worst of all, I'm almost at game 1000 and I don't want to lose my place in the game...

Honored Contributor

You won't lose your level in CC, if you signed up with an ID.  Even if you didn't, you can always try contacting them.

Respected Contributor

The battery isn't removable? You must have had to put it in when you first got the phone. I have the LG Premier, and I did.

And, yes, I'd remove and reinsert the battery if rebooting doesn't work.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SchippyLuv wrote:

There is no way to remove the battery on an LG Premier. I can't check anything because the screen won't move. Worst of all, I'm almost at game 1000 and I don't want to lose my place in the game...

@SchippyLuv - Huh?  Are you sure we're all talking about the same phone?

Check out this video link.  Even though the phone is Straight Talk, it's the same LG Premier.  Within the first few minutes, he shows you the phone with the back off and points out the battery, SIM card, etc..

Other than that, I don't know what to suggest to help.

LG Premier Tutorial

Super Contributor

Hi Venezia - you are absolutely correct. I watched the tutorial and I can take the battery out - thank goodness. Right now the battery is completely drained. So I will wait until I can get the power back on and see what happens. If I still have a problem, now I know how to take the battery out - thanks sooo much!