Honored Contributor

I think scan & email is sufficient: I haven't sent a fax in who-knows-how-long.  If I did need to fax, I'd take it to Staples - I think they still do that.

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I don’t fax because I don’t have a landline.

no need for a landline. wifi multi-function devices can fax.  but i haven't had the need to fax in years  agree with those who state ok to hve if does not add to cost.  i have had a cnon pixma for severl years.  prints nice photos and black & white docs  good scanner too w ocr.

Honored Contributor

Faxing is still used by the medical profession.  It's the only reason I use it now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fax or Email?

[ Edited ]

@Flika13 wrote:

Do you fax or email documents? My printer/fax has bit the dust and I’m wondering if I should just buy a printer without fax capabilities.  I don’t use the fax option very often but when I do need it it’s nice to have.  Is scanning and emailing a document more acceptable? 

Hi @Flika13  ......   I mostly scan and email all my documents.  However, I would never send or want to receive an email that contains a client's social security number or other confidential information.   I ask my clients to either call or fax that info to me.  

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Faxing is still used by the medical profession.  It's the only reason I use it now.

Yes, and I’m occasionally asked to fax something.  I no longer have a fax function on my home printer/scanner.  I just go to the UPS store and pay a few dollars to have them fax it. 

Honored Contributor

Printers are so inexpensive now that I'd buy a printer/fax/scanner even if I only used the fax once or twice a year.  It's nice to have options and who the heck wants to drive somewhere to fax a document even if it on once a year.  Interestingly, in 3 plus years, I have never used the scanner. Family and friends have asked to use my copier or my fax but no one has ever asked to use the scanner. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Printers are so inexpensive now that I'd buy a printer/fax/scanner even if I only used the fax once or twice a year.  It's nice to have options and who the heck wants to drive somewhere to fax a document even if it on once a year.  Interestingly, in 3 plus years, I have never used the scanner. Family and friends have asked to use my copier or my fax but no one has ever asked to use the scanner. 

I scan all of the time to get rid of the paper clutter in my home.