Contributor

For approx. 3 +  wks. I am unable to post on my timeline, or news feed. 

Also cannot open my IM's or Notifications...(they just keep loading & loading)

I have tried 3 different browsers, cleaned cookies, nothing works.

I've submitted my problem to FB...4 times, and still not fixed.

Is this something that will "eventually' get cleared up?

Patience wearing thin...LOL

Anyone else with this problem?

Trusted Contributor

If you use a wireless router, try rebooting it. If it doesn't have a switch, unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook Problem

[ Edited ]

@patricia38,  I’m not having problems and I’m not aware of any systemwide Facebook issues of this type.   Definitely I’ve had trouble with the site in the past, but not identical to your description.

Since you tried other browsers you must be accessing the full website version of Facebook.

What kind of device are you using?  Do you have the most current version of your operating system software and also updated versions of browser software?  

Do you have any browser addons/extensions enabled and if so did you try disabling them to see if that changed anything?   

Have you experienced problems with any other sites, and also did you change anything on your device prior to this problem starting with Facebook?

If you’re accessing the site via an old bookmark or “favorite,” you might want to try, instead, using your browser to locate the main Facebook site and enter it there, directly.  Sometimes old bookmarks or “favorites” use links that take us to a server or area not properly updated or maintained.

I’m sorry for a gazillan questions but the details might be useful clues for us to brainstorm and try to help.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

@dooBdoo     The first thing I tried was :

If you’re accessing the site via an old bookmark or "favorite," you might want to try, instead, using your browser to locate the main Facebook site and enter it there, directly. Sometimes old bookmarks or "favorites" use links that take us to a server or area not properly updated or maintained.

AND IT "WORKED"......THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

Esteemed Contributor

@patricia38 wrote:

For approx. 3 +  wks. I am unable to post on my timeline, or news feed. 

Also cannot open my IM's or Notifications...(they just keep loading & loading)

I have tried 3 different browsers, cleaned cookies, nothing works.

I've submitted my problem to FB...4 times, and still not fixed.

Is this something that will "eventually' get cleared up?

Patience wearing thin...LOL

Anyone else with this problem?

@patricia38 

ME TOO  ,so glad to hear I am not alone!

Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

I shoulda posted here 3 wks. ago....I was bout ready to pull my hair out...Smiley LOL

Occasional Contributor

It seems like you've break some rules and your activity is restricted, tried to contact support? Have you used another person's photos?

Contributor

To: Ult1mat3X   

Thank you, but my problem has been fixed as I posted earlier.

I did as dooBdoo suggested. 

I went directly to the FB site, and logged in there.  So evidently my old bookmark link was not properly updated or maintained.

Everything working perfectly now.