Honored Contributor

Anyone here with ATT/Yahoo email and an iPad? I have some questions.

[ Edited ]

Is anyone here with ATT/Yahoo email and an iPad? In the past, if Junk email got through filters and made it to my inbox, I could slide over and move the email to Junk, which would train my filters that the email was SPAM. Now, I can only send the email to Trash and then delete from the Trash. More and more emails are getting through to the Inbox. I’ve tried going to Att.net to see what can be done in email settings but there is only the option to block specific email addresses. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW is if you have the same inability to move Junk emails out of your Inbox to Junk on your iPad and you have to just send the bad emails directly to Trash?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone here with ATT/Yahoo email and an iPad? I have some questions.

I just tried it on my iPad and when I slide left I get three options: trash, flag, and more. I have to choose "more" to get to "move message" to put it in the junk folder.  I can't directly move it to the junk folder if that's what you mean.  I also noticed there is an OS  update waiting which I haven't done yet so maybe that affected something in the email settings.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Is anyone here with ATT/Yahoo email and an iPad? In the past, if Junk email got through filters and made it to my inbox, I could slide over and move the email to Junk, which would train my filters that the email was SPAM. Now, I can only send the email to Trash and then delete from the Trash. More and more emails are getting through to the Inbox. I’ve tried going to Att.net to see what can be done in email settings but there is only the option to block specific email addresses. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW is if you have the same inability to move Junk emails out of your Inbox to Junk on your iPad and you have to just send the bad emails directly to Trash?

I have never been able to send things to junk on my iPad.  I have to send it to trash like you.  On my MacBook Pro, I don't have that issue.

Respected Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

I just tried it on my iPad and when I slide left I get three options: trash, flag, and more. I have to choose "more" to get to "move message" to put it in the junk folder.  I can't directly move it to the junk folder if that's what you mean.  I also noticed there is an OS  update waiting which I haven't done yet so maybe that affected something in the email settings.

I will have to try that and see if it works for me.  Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I have never been able to send things to junk on my iPad.  I have to send it to trash like you.  On my MacBook Pro, I don't have that issue.

I was able to send Inbox emails that were SPAM  to Junk about six months ago. This helped keep Spam from getting into my Inbox.

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

I just updated yesterday but there’s no fix.