Regular Contributor

I bought this when it was the TSV a week or so ago.  The price was good and cheaper than Amazon.

One of the big selling points for me was the treadmill app.  I live in the Northeast - snow and ice - so the treadmill is my daily go to.

Sad to say, Fitbit does not track treadmill steps unless you are swinging your arms around - which I do not do.

So...just be aware of that.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had the Charge 3 since late August.  Just attach it to your shoe in some manner. I actually put mine under the instep of my food so it can register heart rate also. You can also manually add the exercise to the FitBit app's record.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

So if you sit on the sofa moving your arms as you turn pages of a book, I suppose it gives you steps. I read one review saying that riding in a car will give you steps.  I wish they could make them so only actual steps were counted.

Honored Contributor

Wonder what the engineering challenge is to differentiate the various kinds of movement.

Just curious because for myself, I'm going with those who tell me we may well be better off not to track every little movement, so I don't.  But --  my body certainly tells me every day when I'm not moving enough often enough! 

Yesterday was a prime example because for the first time in more than a year, I woke with pretty intense lower back pain and avoided my routine before breakfast walk.  Even though I moved through the pain and was fortunate to have the pain dissipate so I could move more, I felt sluggish and out of sorts all day.  No version of tracker needed to get me moving earlier today!

Respected Contributor

Re: FItbit Charge 3

[ Edited ]

You can put it in your pocket too and it will work. I do that when I grocery shop as it wont register steps if youre pushing a cart.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't realize it was being advertised for the treadmill.  It's counting your arms swinging.  Tie it to your shoe strings or put in your sock when on the treadmill.  Not counting steps pushing a wagon got me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG, I have the Charge 2 and it does track when I'm riding in the car IF I'm doing arm exercises.  If you're doing nothing, it doesn't track.  What I don't understand, though, is that it gives you stairs, too. Don't understand that part but arm movements being registered makes sense because it's movement.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)