Honored Contributor

Use an addon called Facebook purity 

you can remove or hide things 

I use and don't see those suggestions, any topics or names I don't like or ads 

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  As near as I can tell, the "Suggestions" are people that are "Friends" with at least one person on my friend's list. If "mutual friends" shows under the name, then you can "mouse over" that to see who the friends are. If nothing shows, I'm pretty sure it means that either your friend or the suggested friend (or both) have their friends list hidden.

While I don't autimatically accept friend requests, I've accumulated quite a few over the years that I don't actually know in real life...people I've gotten to know online, friends of friends who were playing the same game I was a few years ago, people with similar interests, etc. 

Also, keep in mind that there are a lot of people who's page incompasses both they personal and business (or hobby) life. I get some very interesting "suggestions" due to having several (actual) friends who are well known enough in their respective fields that they actually do know some pretty famous people.

Anyway, it's like anything else I see online  that I'm not interested in...I just scroll on by (ok, sometimes I'm bored and curious as to what the connection is).

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   I would check your settings.  I have been on Facebook for many years and don't get friend suggestions from other countries.  The friend suggestions that I get almost always say how many mutual friends we have.  I may or may not know the mutual friends.  I wonder if something in your settings is causing these strange friend suggestions.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   I would check your settings.  I have been on Facebook for many years and don't get friend suggestions from other countries.  The friend suggestions that I get almost always say how many mutual friends we have.  I may or may not know the mutual friends.  I wonder if something in your settings is causing these strange friend suggestions.

@NickNack  My Facebook is the same as yours. Mutual friend suggestions only.

Honored Contributor

+1 for Facebook Purity.  You can get rid of all kinds of stuff on there and mute words or phrases like "Marie Kondo".  LOL

It's a beautiful thing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have an account, with my name and birthdate only, no photo, no friends, nothing...I have never posted a thing.  I have only listed a few things for sale on Marketplace and I get friend requests, some peope I know, others I have no idea who they are.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have an account, with my name and birthdate only, no photo, no friends, nothing...I have never posted a thing.  I have only listed a few things for sale on Marketplace and I get friend requests, some peope I know, others I have no idea who they are.

@Mom2Dogs 

As with many things that require your information, I have a standard, fake birth date.   

Respected Contributor

FB follows you around, seeing your interests, posts, responses, likes.  You don't even know if these people actually are these people!  Some are fakes attempting to hack into your computer.