Super Contributor

I have an older IPad that I don’t use.  I would like to give it to a family member that lives in the same house...for their use only.

My question...what can I do to delete my email and text message capabilities on that particular iPad? 

Obviously, I’m not too technically savvy, so please be specific as to what I can do to be able to pass this iPad to another person.

Thanks for your knowledge and time,

Demitra

Honored Contributor

I think you can do a factory re -set that is in your settings on your Pad to get your info off and get it back to when it was new--not a teckie either but have done this  with with my old tablets. Do a google search-----

Respected Contributor

Get into settings and do a reset. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Extra IPad question

[ Edited ]

@Demitra1

Be sure to sign out of your Apple account on the device.

i gifted mine to the grandkids and our DD. Funny things:

1) our grandson FaceTimed us by accident, so I wasn’t signed out there

2) checking FB, the fam was still using FB under my log-in...so sign out there, too.

3) DD Said she has been enjoying my photos which remained on the device. (Mostly of DGCs anyway, but a total device factory re-set might have helped in all of these instances.) IDK

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

There should be software that will wipe things.  At least there used to be.  Look online!  Check the help sections of the Apple site too.  Good information there.

Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I think you can do a factory re -set that is in your settings on your Pad to get your info off and get it back to when it was new--not a teckie either but have done this  with with my old tablets. Do a google search-----

Yep...what you said. I did the same when I gave away an iPad Mini to a relative and sold a Mini 2. I just got the new iPad 6th Gen and traded in my iPad Air at the Apple store last week and that is all they did with it. 

Honored Contributor

The most important thing to do is to sign out of that iPad under ur Apple ID 

you can find out how to do this on the web or you tube