Esteemed Contributor

Do I now have to subscribe to this to watch new episodes of some of my favorite shows.....and if I don't......all I will ever see is the reruns?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Discovery +

[ Edited ]

I've been wondering the same thing. Or are they just doing extra editions (if that's the word) of the shows for those who subscribe. One thing I do know.......I'm up to here with their promos.

Honored Contributor

I am unclear about what is happening with this also!  I will really miss some of my shows  if a lot of them are being moved to Discovery +, but I don't want to have to keep paying more and more, as I am already paying a lot of money just to watch t.v.!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately YES for some shows you will need to subscribe to Discovery+.  Just realized that last night after expecting to watch Dr Pimple Popper only to see Pop Ups saying that new episodes of the show moved to Discover+.  That is a show that me and my daughter like watching together as our Girl Time.  

I really hate that all of these channels are forcing viewers to pay for streaming services.  $5 per service adds up.

Esteemed Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

Unfortunately YES for some shows you will need to subscribe to Discovery+.  Just realized that last night after expecting to watch Dr Pimple Popper only to see Pop Ups saying that new episodes of the show moved to Discover+.  That is a show that me and my daughter like watching together as our Girl Time.  

I really hate that all of these channels are forcing viewers to pay for streaming services.  $5 per service adds up.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

What! Now that seriously ticks me off. And what about My Feet Are Killing Me? I LOVE DR. BRAD. He is such a hunk of man. 

Honored Contributor

Everybody should just say NO!  Tell them to keep their old Discovery + !!!!  Cable companies and the like just keep upping prices and adding on charges.  I guess that they don't care that there is a pandemic going on and people, lots of people, have lost their jobs and are struggling to just have enough money to buy food and the bare necessities!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

I'm watching less discovery channel because of all this. Cable is already expensive, so there's no way I will pay more for additional content on a channel I already pay for. I'm tired of all the first looks and promos too. Sad because I do like several of the shows 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Discovery +

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately if you want to see any new episodes of your favorite Discovery shows you will have to subscribe to Discovery Plus.  I'm mad because I used to be able to watch on my Kindle fire (when my husband is watching the TV) but Amazon doesn't offer the Discovery Plus app.  It only works on my Iphone.  If you have an Ipad you can use it there.  I stream my TV content.  I cut the cord a 2 years ago and haven't looked back.  Once you subscribe it will walk you through loading it on the TV.  And yes ALOT of people are mad as heck and should be.  This is just a kick in the teeth.  It's not like the country is booming and people have a bunch of extra money.  Discovery should be ashamed preying on it's viewers while the economy is in the tank.  But they don't care.  They like to portray themselves as a "caring" channel with a bunch of "feel good" shows and yet they shamelessly now ask everyone to pay more for their same shows, same format, nothing different.  Disgusting!  

Honored Contributor

I miss some of my favorite shows also, but I resent having to spend even more money to watch them.  I'm secretly hoping that Discovery+ fails and programs will return.  I will not pay any more than I'm already paying.  I'll either learn to watch the remaining programs, or I'll do more reading and crafting.