Respected Contributor

How about a thread on cord cutting for cable or satellite tv? Just streaming. Tips and tricks. We turned in our cable boxes but GCI raised the rate on unlimited internet. So far we are doing fine on Roku, amazon prime which we already had and Netflix. The only live tv we have is local news and Qvc. I do miss tcm and msnbc live. 

Respected Contributor

I have an antenna for local channels and a Firestick for everything else. 

Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

How about a thread on cord cutting for cable or satellite tv? Just streaming. Tips and tricks. We turned in our cable boxes but GCI raised the rate on unlimited internet. So far we are doing fine on Roku, amazon prime which we already had and Netflix. The only live tv we have is local news and Qvc. I do miss tcm and msnbc live. 

great idea. maybe like a 12 step program. lol.  we basically have one good cable provider here.  I cut the cord when i relocated. almost a year ago.  so just have Internet only. 

they just jacked me up for a extra $20 a month, because my "introductory" period was over.  

went from $49.99 to $70.99 a month. and on top of that, they are constantly calling trying to get you to bundle. 

very irritating. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@traveler wrote:

great idea. maybe like a 12 step program. lol.  we basically have one good cable provider here.  I cut the cord when i relocated. almost a year ago.  so just have Internet only. 

they just jacked me up for a extra $20 a month, because my "introductory" period was over.  

went from $49.99 to $70.99 a month. and on top of that, they are constantly calling trying to get you to bundle. 

very irritating. 

You can call your cable company and ask them not to contact you by phone. Have them send you emails. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cord cutters

[ Edited ]

@traveler 

No cords here, just the beam. Ain't no way I  am giving up my hockey games or other sources of entertainment. Not much more I can cut, but "the beam" will be the very last. Heck, I'll start teachin hockey skating if I  have to, but ain't giving up my entertainment and news.

Got Amazon and other streaming, but time shifting is my thing and has been since the VHS/VCR in the early 70's.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@traveler.   I've  seen a number of long threads on this subject in electronics.  Check the archives.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Count me out. I love my Directv!

Respected Contributor

DirectTv is also available through streaming.

Esteemed Contributor

Cut the cord. I thought I would miss Directv but I don't.  I'm perfectly satisfied with what broadcast tv offers.

Honored Contributor

Love my cable....love all the channels. Not cutting the cord EVER!