Honored Contributor

Re: Change in iPad battery life since latest OS updates. Anybody else noticing this?

@Mindy D    I'm glad I did a search of past posts before I started my own new one. 

I realize this post is a few months old, but that's when I first noticed how often I was needing to charge my iPad, same model as yours, purchased at about the same time.

my first call this morning was to a battery replacement business, where they informed me they replace many iPad batteries, but not for this model.  I thought I could  get this done cheaply!

I then made an appt at the Apple store. Got over there later in the day.   The first thing I was told, was that if the battery was in need of replacement, they don't replace it, they just give you a brand new iPad, same model as what you brought in, right then and there.  $99.   I thought that was good for me.   

but the tests done, showed my battery was good.  Some adjustments were done to my brightness settings and I was told to immediately put the device into sleep mode when I was done using it.  I'm not sure this is the result I wanted, but I'll try it.   

the tech told me he had saved me $100 and to go spend it on something fun.   A part of me wishes I had paid out some $$$ and gotten a better result?   Time will tell!

Respected Contributor

Re: Change in iPad battery life since latest OS updates. Anybody else noticing this?

@Mindy D 

I don't think it's the age.  My iPad is new; I got it last June and I've noticed that too.  I haven't noticed it on my iPhone 12.

Another thing I noticed after the last update is varying sized of blue boxes popping up around things on my screen.  And sometimes the box where I type is solid blue.

I have no idea what's going on nor how to get rid of them.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D , I agree and thanks for the reminder to check on the settings for apps.  I have charging cords near where I usually sit in the living room and den so I just plug them in but I should look after the settings.  S