Respected Contributor

I have RCN cable and have 2 TV's and 2 cable boxes.They charge $4.00 a month per box. Not sure that what you are saying would work. I get so annoyed with them as again my TV's guide is not working. This is the 7th time in 10 months. Called again this A.M. and they sent the signal and unplugged the box again. Still not working. If other choices had my local channels, etc. I'd get rid of them.

Respected Contributor

I used to be able to do that with Comcast.  I used a spliter and ran a cord through the wall board into the next room.  Can't do that anymore.  Xfinity makes you rent a box in order to receive their signals.

Honored Contributor

If you have a Roku you can get apps on it to use it as a cable box for Comcast. It's a bit clunky, but it works.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cable Question

[ Edited ]

Up until about a year ago you could easily do that with Spectrum.  Just plug cable directly into wall from TV because cable signal came into entire house, not into individual sets.  Now they have gotten greedy and went to all digital signal requiring a large cable box for each TV at a hefty monthly rental fee per box.  No way was I going that route since I have 3 wall mounted TVs with no room for those giant receiver boxes that are nearly as large as the old VCR boxes.  All about the $ for Spectrum.  I now have only one Spectrum receiver box on my bedroom TV--all other TVs have a Roku stick.  Works ok, but I did have to purchase one of those $50 Netgear signal extenders to get my WIFI signal downstairs and all the way out to my back porch.  Rates keep going up, channels are being deleted, and now Spectrum wants me to use them for my cell phone carrier.  In a pig's eye.  I'm old enough to remember when cable service first came to our neighborhood for a flat $7 per month.

Honored Contributor

I have xfinity and I have TiVo, so I never had any xfinity equipment.  My Tivo plugs right into the cable outlet in the wall.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for all the answers!   I was looking at the stuff from Spectrum that I had received when  I moved. There is a splitter in there which surprised me. I doubt that they want anyone using it to get cable channels on a second tv. But not sure what it is there for if not that!Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor
I have a splitter to share the signal between a TV and an internet (cable modem).