Valued Contributor

We have an older Bose unit purchased from the Q a couple of Christmases ago, which is a stacking unit with a cd.  Can anyone tell me if it's possible to hook our Dot up to it or is it only the newer units?  Also, if it is possible, please tell me what I need and how to do it.  Would I also be able to hook it up to my tv?  If so, how?  Sorry for all the questions.  I'm definitely challenged when it comes to electronics.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bose with Echo???

[ Edited ]

@patticakes wrote:

We have an older Bose unit purchased from the Q a couple of Christmases ago, which is a stacking unit with a cd.  Can anyone tell me if it's possible to hook our Dot up to it or is it only the newer units?  Also, if it is possible, please tell me what I need and how to do it.  Would I also be able to hook it up to my tv?  If so, how?  Sorry for all the questions.  I'm definitely challenged when it comes to electronics.

You can connect it to your TV if the Bose has an aux input jack.  Use a headphone cable, connect the headphone jack to your aux input using the cable, select aux on the Bose unit and it should work.  I have my TV setup that way with my SoundLink Bluetooth speaker. 

Honored Contributor

In order to work with an Echo, your Bose must be Bluetooth compatible. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I use my bose speaker with my dot via  Bluetooth. 

Valued Contributor

OK, so how do I know if my Bose is bluetooth compatible?

Contributor

The Echo dot can be connected to anything, even a Bose. You need a rca cable with a 3.5 jack. So it looks like the end of a corded headset /earphone that plugs into a radio, ipod, phone ETC on one end while the other end is a red and white rca plugs that plug into the back of a stereo/ Bose/amp...That's what the AUX setting is for. Alexa is Bluetooth only while the Dot can use bluetooth and/or the external jack to plug directly into a speaker/Stereo. Alexa is made as a good sounding stand alone speaker for music while the dot is made to use with external music sources and listening to music on it sounds like a old AM/FM portable radio even just using it for the voice part is ok by itself! I have my Dot connected to a 1979 vintage stereo and 1975 speakers that are worth about $2000 and it makes it so simple to listen to any music from Amazon, Spotify, Pandora or TuneinRadio! Well worth the $30 Ipaid for it!

Respected Contributor

@patticakes wrote:

OK, so how do I know if my Bose is bluetooth compatible?

if you got your bose radio with the stacking multidisc cd player two years ago it does not have Bluetooth.  That is the model I have.

Regular Contributor

http://www.qvc.com/Amazon-Echo-Dot-Fabric-Cover-with-Audio-Cable.product.E230290.html?sc=SRCH

I have the echo dot and I bought this cover and cord and I plug it into my bose wave radio and it works beautifully. Just have to put the bose on AUX to actually hear the echo through it.

Esteemed Contributor

@JB116 wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/Amazon-Echo-Dot-Fabric-Cover-with-Audio-Cable.product.E230290.html?sc=SRCH

I have the echo dot and I bought this cover and cord and I plug it into my bose wave radio and it works beautifully. Just have to put the bose on AUX to actually hear the echo through it.

Please go to Amazon and find this for  less. 

Regular Contributor

FYI.....I ordered the Bose TSV and ordered the Echo Dot from Amazon for $29.99 & you can add a TP-Link Smart Plug for $5 for a limited time.  I have 2 of the plugs & they're great. Each is connected to a lamp.  I can control the lamps via my iPhone.  I have both on timers & can change them regardless of where I am as well as turn them on & off.  Considering this combo costs $76.96 on QVC (E230858), it was a steal.

What sold me on the Bose was using the Dot to access Amazon Prime Music.  I read that Sirius XM was to be supported in the future so that extends my satellite subscription.