Respected Contributor

Bluetooth keeps spinning for new devices

I added a Bluetooth keyboard with no problem on my 2018 iPad. It won’t stop spinning looking for new devices. It always would either stop or ask so you could forget device if you had others. 

Checked on the internet for solution as others are having problems. No answers found.

Any suggestions that may have fixed yours? Maybe a new update will fix this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bluetooth keeps spinning for new devices

I don't have a Bluetooth keyboard but on other Bluetooth devices, I just go to settings and turn off the Bluetooth capability.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I shut off bluetooth then I can’t use the keyboard.

I have the same issue on all three iPads we have. I updated to the newest updates and that didn’t help. I had an online chat with Apple and they had no solution other than reset the iPads.

I don’t want my iPad messed up and now know it was not the blutooth keyboard as they connects quickly. I checked all my settings and shut off airplay but nothing helped. 

I will just use my new case and not use the keyboard. It is rose gold and well worth the price even not using the keyboard.

I am not going to run the iPad battery just for the keyboard use. The other alternative is to have my iPad plugged in when

I use the keyboard.

Honored Contributor

Did you try turning off both the BT on the ipad and also turning off the keyboard and then try to pair and reconnect again? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee Yes. I unpaired the keyboard and restarted my iPad after resetting all the settings. I also took the keyboard to another room and it was completely off. I paired it again and the same thing.

I started each of the three iPads and all of them show that it just keeps running looking for devices even when the case was unpaired and out of range.

Since the keyboard is a really nice one I will just plug in my iPad if I want to use it. That will solve the problem. Not an answer though.

I bought the keyboard case more for the sturdy case so for $49.95 it is still well worth it.

I had a 8 minute chat with an Apple rep and I had already done everything they suggested. I looked online and many other people the past year have had this problem and it was never solved. The Apple rep said to do the 12.1.4 update and it had made no difference. I also had no glitches with the 12.1.4. So I am baffled as well.

The keyboard company I wrote to about this and they said they would replace the keyboard and sorry I was having a problem. I emailed them back and thanked them but the keyboard pairs up quickly and types so beautifully that I declined. I have an outlet right next to my chair so no problem plugging in. I feel it is an Apple issue.

One site said that after you start using a device connected to Bluetooth that it stops spinning. Well how do you know as you aren’t on that screen typing to find out if it stops?

I always can figure things out and after searching and speaking to Apple I give up.

Thanks for the input. Here is photo of the keyboard and it comes in several colors. The rose gold is beautiful.

30F8C18D-8665-487E-A410-7E0128AB7E8C.png