Frequent Contributor

Hi QVC community, I own the Ring  Doorbell Pro but have problems with connecting. Sometimes the video of someone at more door doesn't show up until the next day and other times it won't connect at all. It tells me my WFI is strong so I don't know what the problem is. I was curious of anyone owned the Ring as well as the Blink XT2, and if one is better than the other when it comes to response time? I'm getting very frustrated with the Ring and thinking about returning it. Any suggestions would be very helpful.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Blink xt2 versus Ring pro

I have a RIng Pro and LOVE IT.   When we added several boosters around our house the connection was so much better. Is it INSTANT?  Not ususally, but it is pretty fast.  If you are seeing something the next day, you definitely have a connection issue.  

When we were in California earlier this year and the doorbell rang, I answered it and spoke to the person at the door.  I live in Illinois!  I was able to do the same thing when we were in London.   You should be able to do that too.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a Ring with the same problems. Doesn't connect immediately and sometimes by the time it does connect the person is walking away. Plus it was difficult to talk to someone and for them to talk to you. Speech was often garbled or cut out. We got 2 Blink camera. 1 for the driveway area and 1 for the front door. They work far better than Ring. Much faster connect time and better speaker.

Valued Contributor

I don't have the pro but have the original Ring and I've been so unhappy with it lately. It does not want to connect for me half the time but it will show up on my son's phone, who lives with me. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app several times because of problems. I realized one day that I was not hearing the doorbell on my phone and no chimes at all were happening to let me know something or someone was in the area. Then it says my wifi is not strong enough and the router is right there by the door. I don't know what more they want. I can't get my live video to connect most of the time. It will give me a message that something went wrong. Then it does not show people coming to my door, it just shows them when they are already there and I've adjusted the motion zones repeatedly. It's frustrating. I bought a blink sometime back to put on the side of my house but something happened that I ended up not using it. I'm going to put it up though. I want to see if I can get better results.

If I could return my Ring, I would. I am fed up with it. My neighbors have a Ring 2 and love theirs though. I guess it all depends on who you talk to.

Honored Contributor

I can't speak to Ring, because I've never used it.  I have heard a lot of good about the brand.

As to the Blink cameras - we do have those, thanks to my husband (I would have done the research, but whatever) and they are horrible.    I could write a thesis on how awful these things are in several ways.