Honored Contributor

LG phone delivered yesterday. This am went on line to activate and no problems. Had problems setting up tracfone account.  Putting in my email address no problems but would not accept my password and that has not changed. Talked with a very kind customer service representative. Installed my account downloader app and accepted email address but rejected password. Per CS checked everything. Reset everything and advised to wait at least 2 hours before trying to do anything else. I have iPad and checked settings and email accounts. Noticed under google account listed Mac as devise and not iPad. Research this problem and tried to make changes. Very confused about this. I prefer to use my yahoo email account but with the tracfone is it necessary to use the google account? Once again any suggestions or help greatly appreciated. Guess me dummy and don't need smart phone. Considering everything else- I like the phone but need a screen protector for it. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   I have a Tracfone LG that I activated in August (I already had an older model that was outdated).  From what I remember when setting up the phone (I did it all myself with my old and new phones through the Tracfone website), I had to set up a new gmail account, which I did.  I don't use that email because I already have 2 others, and I don't intend to make financial transactions with my phone.  I have recently gotten messages on my phone that I can add other email accounts to it as well.  I hope this helps.

I don't use my phone a lot, so I either add minutes once a year before the expiration, or I buy a new phone with minutes included.  It's actually cheaper to get a new phone with more storage space, etc., but of course it's easier just to buy more minutes than to transfer phones.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

After almost two years of grief with my LG Tracfone from QVC, I finally threw in the towel.  My only suggestion would be to buy your Tracfone locally on condition that the seller would help you with problems.  My two local sellers, Verizon and Walmart, refused to help me since the phone came from QVC.  For now I just keep the LG smartphone in the car with a charger so I will have emergency 911 help if needed.  I usually "travel"  (30 miles to town for shopping) with DH anyway, and he has a good working flip phone from years ago.  I originally had a 25.00 per month flip phone for years and got the Tracfone to save money.  Ha.  Wonder how much it will cost to replace all the hair I tore out?

Respected Contributor

@depglass   What kinds of problems are you having?  I got my first LG smartphone Tracfone from ShopHQ (Evine), and my more recent one from HSN (better deal and phone).  I've always had pay-as-you-go phones and never any issues with them.  My Tracfone provider is Verizon (best coverage in my area).  I pay or get a new phone once a year and it comes out to no more than $10/mo, or even less with the newer phone purchase.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde : Long day. Email with yahoo and no password changes before today with Tracfone adding email. It wasn't tracfone. Did every free reset under yahoo then last suggestion call for help then they wanted a fee to help and refused $12.99 month then offered $4.99. They helped with password reset. Phone updated. Email information on iPad showed a different configuration. On phone could use and send or reply regular email. Then tried to send text and asked for account update!?? Then after call to yahoo more issues with iPad. Very tired and frustrated. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Re: My new Tracfone?

[ Edited ]

@2blonde : Phone set up. Used this weekend in the house with WiFi and sent a few text and made calls with no problems. DH has early doctor appointment tomorrow and will be using new phone. 
Do you purchase a different case? I probably need something else with a better screen protector and case because I drop things. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   It sounds like the phone is working for you now, I'm glad to hear that!  I usually get a different case, but I liked the silver sparkle one that came with my latest phone.  It's kind of pliable and easy to slide into the pocket on my purse.

For my previous phone (it came with a junky case that cracked), I just went to Amazon and searched for covers with my exact phone model.  There were many cool choices, and I think I paid less than $10 for mine.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde : Love the LG phone. I was nervous about this purchase because the reviews were so split for  great purchase or avoid . I had two bad experiences with previous purchases several years ago. This time the activation and help from tracfone was great customer service. Then the special help  from you and gardenman and others made the difference and greatly appreciated . This will save me a lot of money. I am still learning about the phone. Still need to add contacts and a couple of apps. Need to delete pictures that were added. Very relieved and happy. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   I'm glad you're liking your phone.  My current LG Tracfone is 2 years newer than my last one, and I can't believe how much has changed since then.  They keep adding more and more features, which is nice, but it also takes longer to figure it all out!

I upgraded mostly because my old one didn't have enough storage space.  Also my old one used to disconnect from my home wi-fi every couple days.  This one has never done that, and it gives me lots of current updates on weather and news.  I also like that when I plug it in to charge, it tells me how many minutes it will take.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde : Thanks for the help and information. This one is constantly updating something. Need a good laugh? In Walmart today with DH and he wanted to leave the flip phone in the car- told him nope and please leave the phone on because he may decide for me to purchase something not on the list. My new phone was ringing and took me a few minutes to notice that it was my phone.😃😃 DH wanted me to get him a pack of cookies😂😃❤️. I changed my ring tone when we returned home. Interesting to see what happens the next time my phone rings???!!!

Southern Bee